Gsxr 1k hp

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
What is the most HP anyone has seen a 1K produce that is not on the bottle or turbo'd? Had a bigger, badder, better guy up at blood mountain say "his buddy" has a GSXR 1K that made like 245 RWHP....

My 02 was dyno tuned and we got 178, pipe, filter.
My 05 did a little better with the same mods and Vstacks, 181

245...how did he get that?

I think he pulled it out of his backside...:laugh: Like I said, he was a bigger, badder, better kind of guy. My buddy has this and that kind of guy. We were talking about the new BMWs (one had just pulled up) and he started telling us about his buddy's GSXR that had 245HP. I asked was it turbo'd and he said no just "tuned" on a dyno. I didn't flat out call the guy a liar, but I think that number is fantasy land.

My 02 was dyno tuned and we got 178, pipe, filter.
My 05 did a little better with the same mods and Vstacks, 181

245...how did he get that?

doesn't everyone have a buddy like that ??? You got that? Well that ain't nothing my friend got this :laugh:

Those numbers are not in those bikes. You are talking internal engine mods to get that. The 02 was about 145 rwhp and the 05 was around 160 rwhp. 145 to 178 with a tune, pipe, and air filter? Doesn't sound right.

I was very fortunate and probably had a generous dyno!

The 02 cost $400 to tune and the 05 was in the $375 range. Expensive back in the day!

I miss my 02, it was a beast!

Since we're just talking smac now...I had a guy in a stock Nissan Altima tell me he could outrun my Z06. I told him my Z06 was capable of going over 190 mph and he said his was pegged so he couldn't say, but he knew it was faster.

oh yea well my "work" trucks got 600 horses:laugh: Oh wait thats true:whistle:

Had a kid on a 94 gsxr 600 tellin me at the gas station his gixxer was a "busa killa":poke:
But he couldnt race cause his homeboy had his nitrous for the weekend???

245RWHP eh? Well, I'm sure Alvaro Bautista's team would like to talk to the guy. That's probably 10-15 more than the Rizla 'Zuk MotoGP bike is making.:laugh:

Those numbers are not in those bikes. You are talking internal engine mods to get that. The 02 was about 145 rwhp and the 05 was around 160 rwhp. 145 to 178 with a tune, pipe, and air filter? Doesn't sound right.

You are absolutely correct!
Haste makes waste in writing posts,
Both had some engine work, cams, bore, and timing sorry I should have been a bit more elaborate.

come on guys bench racing is like fishing .... it was this big that big huge big a whale i tell you a whale. Never ever ever let the truth get in the way of a good story lol

everytime time i run into a guy that say his "buddy" has something i tell him, "well your buddy aint here. what do YOU have?":rulez:

Charlie, I'd have called BS on the spot and told him to put his "buddy" on the phone....

P.S. I did't get to ride as much as you today, but I rode every bike I own today...

TEAM GIXXER!!

Ahhhh.....go Team Gixxer!!!!

Charlie, I'd have called BS on the spot and told him to put his "buddy" on the phone....

P.S. I did't get to ride as much as you today, but I rode every bike I own today...

TEAM GIXXER!!

TEAM GIXXER!!!

Hey Keith have you signed up for barber in September yet?

I have potentially sold the TL so if he brings the cabbage for it on Monday then I am signing up for barber in October too! Potential 3 track days this year!

GO TEAM GIXXER!!!!!

Back