Is the extra $2500 worth it ('09 vs '03)?

Don't get that gen1, notorious for transmission problems and you will be a sorry bloke.

Maybe if ALL you do is drag race but there are many here with no issues with very high mileage hauling ass. There is a big difference in aping around with an occasional race and nothing but snatching from a dead stop over and over.

Okay , I love my Gen 2 , had the choice of basically all bikes , and chose my 2012 . Do not regret this choice at all , but would also like to add additional bikes , including a nice example of preferably '99 Gen 1 to stable sometime in future , but that example at that price , possibly next best option for Gen 1 . So , yes , preferred the Gen 2 as first choice option .

I miss this bike because it was my first Busa. Wrecked last year.

received_1607180785963641.jpeg

Love my Gen 2 though. Wouldn't trade it for another Gen 1.

20180506_150508.jpg

OP, you wont be disappointed if you went with the Gen 2.

Considering both are in good condition
and properly maintained,
which one is a better buy?

A black Gen1 ('03 with 4700 miles) for $4000,
or a white Gen2 ('09 with 5900 miles) for $6500?

Both have power commander and exhaust.

You might need to ask yourself a few question . . .

Nostalgia or performance with only a pipe ?

Go gen 2 because I already own a 1 *

Not sure what you ride now •

$2,500 is a grip of doe !

It is up to you bro.

Red, *<(;{)-

I put about 25,000 km on a gen 1that I had for a couple of years and loved it, no complaints at all but moved to a low mile 09 last year and I'm happier with the look and feel of the newer bike. If 2500 is a big deal for you that gen 1 is a great bike at a good price but in my opinion if you can drop the extra dough get the gen 2 it's an All around more refined machine and I think better looking but black is the better colour.

The gen1 2nd gear issue IS something to consider.
You can beat on a gen1 for 100k+ miles and never have an issue.
Or, 2nd gear goes out in the 3k mile trailer queen.
Not a deal breaker, but something to consider.
Roughly a $400-$500 fix for having the trans undercut, if you can remove and replace it.

Back