What is a 2006 limited ( fastest color ) worth?

tjdobb

Donating Member
Registered
It was a 2006 limited busa with a 60 shot of NOS, progressive controller and mapped for both with the power commander R. Full D & D header and exhaust. Well long story short, my 21 year old step son stole my baby girl and wrecked it into a fire hydrant. Front rt fork tube bent, front wheel, front fairing, front fender, rt side cowling, lower cowling, rear wing, radiator, rt side D&D exhaust pipe, D&D header pipe, rear cowling and other misc. parts. Ive priced out the parts and just to fix it back like new is +/- 4500.00. I know my insurance will want to total it out. I would like to fix it myself. I believe the frame is OK and the engine is OK. Have not tried to start it up yet. Oh and the step son just has bumps and bruises along with a theft charge. He has been in and out of trouble a few years now and apparently has not learned to grow up. So wondering what it would be worth so I can start the argument with the adjuster. It has +/- 22,000 miles.

value is based on the owners perception of worth...would i sell izzy...no. too many memory's at this point.

Still have all receipts and records for all mods done? And were such mods declared when the bike was insured? If not, then insurance will probably base their estimates for a stock bike. Best of luck.

I would start with NADA or KBB, you can also call the bank and they should give you an approximate value. Sorry this happened.

Thanks for the help guys, I believe the law in Wisconsin is if the damage is more than 50 percent of the value, then its automatically totaled. Just need to get a good idea to start at. KBB is 7750.00 for a excellent shape bike. Mine was in perfect shape. Always washed and waxed after every ride and kept in the garage. I know State Farm allows so much add-ons, but just thinking it was probably worth +/- 8500.00 in my eyes. Just got to prove it to the adjuster. Don't know if I will buy the bike back yet or not. The engine took a pretty good hit. i don't know if that would damage any internals or not. It starts but the starter sounds funny when it engages. Almost like it is whining.

Back