should i buy busa today or is the dealership crazy?

be patient grasshopper. bikes come and go all the time. my personal feeling is that someone who is willing to pay $10k should go a little more and get a new one. I'd never buy a sportbike with 15k miles.

You need to pass!

A year old and 15K miles... Spend and extra $1000 and get one with under 5,000 miles.

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa Ltd. Edition
(Pearl white 06 limited, 14K miles, asking $6900) (Could probably talk down to $6000)

07 GSX-1300R Hayabusa
(All black, HMF highmounts, 9K miles, asking $8000) (Could probably talk down to $7500)

Come on Tommy, stay away from the dealership!

i like the 06

and agree to stay away from dealers at all costs.

craigslist or cycletrader is where the deals are

good seeing you post up again. It never hurts to try and talk them down. If they won't do to the price you think is fair, thank them for their time and tell them you want to look at other places. More than likely you'll be getting a call to come and get it.

+1 :beerchug:

When dealing with private sellers, make sure the engine numbers match the bike, if they don't jive have the number checked out. Been down this road with a coworker, lucky he got his $ back from the seller. He ended up getting a mint 02 black and blue busa for 5700, very nice looking bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good moving passing on it. Bike prices in the Triangle are pretty high. Look around the Winston-Salem, Charlotte, SC, or south VA area for some deals.

You can find a better bike cheaper although anyone worried about a bike having 15K on the clocks must not have much faith in the product. Resale value on a Hayabusa is pretty sad.

You can find a better bike cheaper although anyone worried about a bike having 15K on the clocks must not have much faith in the product. Resale value on a Hayabusa is pretty sad.
No better than a Harley. I got offered $11K for my $24K FLHTC. Comparatively, I think the residual on the Busa is better.

Won't disagree on that. Picked up my '07 FatBoy for $13.5K, the original owner had $10K alone in the engine and accessories. It's a bad time to be selling a bike...

Lowball the hell outta them. You can always work up. It's a dealer, you won't hurt their feelings. If it makes you feel better..... that dealer will bend you over in a heartbeat. So leave the lube at home and play hardball.

Or, checkout Cycleworld in Cherryhill, NJ. They were at one time offering 09's NEW for $9499.

I'll have to agree that there are much better deals to be had, it is definetly still a buyers market. I think Pashnit scored on his new 08 with less than 1K miles for 8K, that's literally a new Gen II for 8K. I've heard of folks picking up very low mile 08's for even less.

If they don't take your offer tell them the dealer down the road will be happy to do business with them. I got a dealer to come off 1300 dollar with this technique. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

Shame you live in North Carolina, I would sell you my immaculate '09 in black for $10,500 with only 1700 miles on it. Bought it as a leftover 5 months ago and it has is Jardine GP1 Slip-ons, K&N Air Filter, Driven grips, GSXR 1000 mirrors and I already ordered Galfer stainless lines which will be here hopefully next week. If you can make the drive, I have the title in hand!

i'm going to look at a brand new white 2011 today. been looking and looking and the more i look, the more i just want to get a new one and keep this time

Back