should i buy busa today or is the dealership crazy?

TommyGunn1300

Registered
I haven’t been on here in awhile because I sold my baby back in the fall. Well, I cant stand it anymore, I need to be back on a bike asap. The Suzuki dealership just called me and said they got a white 09 in this morning. Its got new tires, exhaust, and very clean. But here’s the kicker. Its got 15,000 miles on it and they are asking $9800 for it. They seems WAY high to me considering I paid $9500 for a brand new 07 in 2008. How much would a 09 with 15,000 miles really be worth? I ride A LOT. When I sold my 07 it had 18k miles on it, so this 09 could be at 30k miles in no time, how much would you try to talk them down to?

Should I pass or try to talk them down to a reasonable price?

That's an $8k to $8.5 bike from a private seller. New 11's are going for $12k. Dealers usually want way too much.

Good seeing you post up again. It never hurts to try and talk them down. If they won't do to the price you think is fair, thank them for their time and tell them you want to look at other places. More than likely you'll be getting a call to come and get it.

I just paid a hair over 10k for a brand new fresh out of the crate white 09, brought it home with less than half a mile on it. NADA and KBB both quote retail as 10,300.

i would pass man, or try to talk him down. just to pricey for me with the miles.

+100. As a reference, I paid $8200 for mine in California which usually has higher prices (1-owner 09 with under 3K miles. Already had PC5, Yosh R77 CF s/o, ZG shield, Suz gel seat, heli-bars).

I'd pass but with the miles you are going to put on one, you could get the same bike for around $7k from a private party...

You need to pass!

A year old and 15K miles... Spend and extra $1000 and get one with under 5,000 miles.

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa Ltd. Edition
(Pearl white 06 limited, 14K miles, asking $6900) (Could probably talk down to $6000)

07 GSX-1300R Hayabusa
(All black, HMF highmounts, 9K miles, asking $8000) (Could probably talk down to $7500)

Come on Tommy, stay away from the dealership!

Bought my 06 le with 9k and about 1200 in extras for 6500...last year
Posted via Mobile Device

That's an $8k to $8.5 bike from a private seller. New 11's are going for $12k. Dealers usually want way too much.

for sure. I mean if it had new tires and had the valves already checked since its at the mileage to do it then i would say 9 is ok. but not over that. i mean its 2yrs old already.

You are screwed because it's spring time when the demand is up. I doubt they would back off, well maybe by $100, or will throw in a free oil change. It all depends on how badly you want to ride. If the bike is really clean and they offer some sort of warranty, and you like it, and you have $$$ - then why not? Who cares what the book says.

If they don't want to drop the price, push for a free extended warranty, or a discount for future tires - something along those lines. I.e. try to extract from them something useful to you.

Offer them a firm price of $8,800.00 out the door and if they dont take it just walk away. I know your itching to get another busa but thats just too much for a used bike.

Do the research, in my area with that mileage $10225 retail. 15K on a Busa is not a biggie. I have 19K on my '08 and really don't ride like I should be. Put 36K on an '06 in 18 months and never had a wrench on it.

I'm sure you can talk them down. By the way, my local dealer is selling Busa's for $13999.

Don't pass if it's a bike you like.

Are you paying cash or financing?
Make them a ridiculous offer and let them work back into it.
They tried you on.

Hey how much ?
40 billion!
:stoopid: ok

They won't make profit if they don't ask for it and you won't get a good deal unless you bargain.
Tell them $8,000 CASH , like now I'm on my way!
After they say no way tell them to let you know what they can really do.
Any salesman worth his weight will work the mgr and get you a better figure.
Bikes aren't flying out the showrooms now. It's a buyers market.
My guess is they loaded up in that 'the trade' to make another new bike deal.

Make them an offer if they accept it cool if not tell them thanks for calling. It looks like they are trying to get more for the aftermarket additions, which should decrease the value more. I would ask for a service record to see if it had been maintained.

Really???

2008 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Value Email
April 26, 2011

4-Cylinders
4-Stroke
1340cc
Suggested Retail Value $9460

Back