Is the extra $2500 worth it ('09 vs '03)?

I have had both and prefer the gen 1. Matter of fact thats what i am hoping to buy this summer is a gen 1. I have actually had multiple gen 1 and gen 2s...still prefer the gen 1.

To me it is a simple matter of following the money. They both are great bikes and the Gen2 fixed some of the little issues the Gen1 had. But is a Gen2 worth 62.5% more than a Gen1? Hell no!!!!

To me it is a simple matter of following the money. They both are great bikes and the Gen2 fixed some of the little issues the Gen1 had. But is a Gen2 worth 62.5% more than a Gen1? Hell no!!!!
Terrible thought process. How old something is make a huge impact on value. A truck that is 9 years old is prob 100% more expensive than a 15 year old one does make the 03 a great buy or a 09 a bad deal. I do think 6500 for a 09 is a little on the high side. I paid $5800 for my 09 2.5 years ago.

Terrible thought process. How old something is make a huge impact on value. A truck that is 9 years old is prob 100% more expensive than a 15 year old one does make the 03 a great buy or a 09 a bad deal. I do think 6500 for a 09 is a little on the high side. I paid $5800 for my 09 2.5 years ago.

My Gen II is several times more worth to me than what I could ever sell it for, as I purchased it new and it is immaculate plus 100% stock, with low miles. But if I have to purchase something used, market value means nothing to me. The mechanical condition and what it actually is means everything to me.

But, different folks different strokes.

The '03 only has 4700 miles... for a 15 year old bike, it's done a whole lot of sitting. That's only 320 miles per year. Several people on here will go 320 miles on a single ride!

I'd be worried about it sitting too much and not have been properly staged for long term storage.

Considering both are in good condition and properly maintained, which one is a better buy? A black Gen1 ('03 with 4700 miles) for $4000, or a white Gen2 ('09 with 5900 miles) for $6500? Both have power commander and exhaust.
for 4500.. u can buy a turbo for that gen1........ wrap ure brain around that for a second... debate over,

The '03 only has 4700 miles... for a 15 year old bike, it's done a whole lot of sitting. That's only 320 miles per year. Several people on here will go 320 miles on a single ride!

I'd be worried about it sitting too much and not have been properly staged for long term storage.
I wouldnt worry about it. My 99 has less than 900 miles on it and runs fine. Financially speaking, you will loose money on the gen 2, take care of the gen 1 and you will be able to get back all your money any time. Only way I would get the gen 2 over the gen 1 is if you really like the styling of the newer one, or if you plan to race it a lot and want the faster model from the start. Of course with mods the gen 1 will do fine there too. And depends on your ability, I have beat many a gen2 with my stockish gen1's.

Well, the OP has had time to pull the trigger by now so which one made the sale?

Not yet, the bikes are not local to me so it's not easy. After talking to both sellers, now leaning towards the '03. But, I found another Gen1 ('07 all black with 6800 miles for $4600). Making plans to check out both bikes...

Thank you all for the replies!

Not yet, the bikes are not local to me so it's not easy. After talking to both sellers, now leaning towards the '03. But, I found another Gen1 ('07 all black with 6800 miles for $4600). Making plans to check out both bikes...

it is very easy man... uship.com..... done.

Where are you? Where are the bikes?

Back