Is Media Matters Obama's Watergate?

I couldn't get the link to come up; I think the site is having issues...

Just based on your tagline though, I don't think "ethical" and "administration" can be used in the same sentence, no matter who we have in office or Congress... :laugh:

In case you couldn't get the link to come up, try again.

The short story: Media Matters is a privately-funded "news" organization dedicated to "fighting right wing propaganda" in the media (e.g., Fox News). They are going after anybody critical of our Saint and Savior Obama, looking for any dirt they can find on anybody. The Media Matters people have been meeting regularly with Administration personnel, including some pretty highly placed people like Valerie Jarrett. The news article draws the parallel to how the Nixon Administration was doing the same things with their "enemies list."

In case you couldn't get the link to come up, try again.

The short story: Media Matters is a privately-funded "news" organization dedicated to "fighting right wing propaganda" in the media (e.g., Fox News). They are going after anybody critical of our Saint and Savior Obama, looking for any dirt they can find on anybody. The Media Matters people have been meeting regularly with Administration personnel, including some pretty highly placed people like Valerie Jarrett. The news article draws the parallel to how the Nixon Administration was doing the same things with their "enemies list."

Nothing new, every politician has done the same thing or something simular. If you don't fight the people set to destroy you, who will? FOX and other right wing media outlets seem to be set more on discrediting Obama instead of reporting all the facts. The same can be said for the left wing media outlts. So why not investigate the people dead set on destroying you.

Also, I find this to be pure sensationalism not journalism. To compare the use of private investigators under two different administrations is one thing, but to try to show a link to watergate is ridiculous. Nixon did othing wrong by hiring private investigators. The private investigation were not wrong or illegal. Incase you missed it Nixon resigned because:

Taken from the article you provideed

The Nixon White House, in the vernacular of the day, "stonewalled." Once they did all these things they made false statements to investigators, withheld evidence, counseled witnesses to lie, interfered with a Justice Department investigation… and that's only a partial list of Article I of the three Articles of Impeachment drawn up by the House Judiciary Committee that, along with the release of Nixon's tapes, forced his resignation.

When Obama does those things, he will be impeached and then a comparison to Watergate can be made.

When Obama does those things, he will be impeached and then a comparison to Watergate can be made.

I wouldn't bet on it. Clinton was never impeached. Our nation has changed so much since the mid '60's. Some for the good, lots for the bad. Man I'm getting old. :laugh:

Clinton was impeached. He just wasn't removed from Office with the sentencing.
Clinton was impeached, but not convicted - hence no "sentencing."

Nothing new, every politician has done the same thing or something simular. If you don't fight the people set to destroy you, who will? FOX and other right wing media outlets seem to be set more on discrediting Obama instead of reporting all the facts. The same can be said for the left wing media outlts. So why not investigate the people dead set on destroying you.

Also, I find this to be pure sensationalism not journalism. To compare the use of private investigators under two different administrations is one thing, but to try to show a link to watergate is ridiculous. Nixon did othing wrong by hiring private investigators. The private investigation were not wrong or illegal. Incase you missed it Nixon resigned because:

Taken from the article you provideed

The Nixon White House, in the vernacular of the day, "stonewalled." Once they did all these things they made false statements to investigators, withheld evidence, counseled witnesses to lie, interfered with a Justice Department investigation… and that's only a partial list of Article I of the three Articles of Impeachment drawn up by the House Judiciary Committee that, along with the release of Nixon's tapes, forced his resignation.

Actually, there's a lot of stonewalling coming out of "the most ethical administration" ever in history. Anybody heard of "Fast and Furious"? What about the Black Panthers voter intimidation case in Philly?

The key issue is that senior White House officials are directing organizations with private funds to dig up dirt - DIRT - not news, on adversarial news organizations and political opponents. This is Nixon done Chicago-style. At least you knew where Nixon stood, compared to "Saint" Obama.

Back