Is it rude to pass gas in a public restroom? (serious question)

stangman327

Registered
I started this on another forum so I'd thought I'd share with my fellow .org members.

Well anyway I got into a debate with a couple of co-workers (no I didn't start it) about this subject the other day and the real question/subject is if it's okay to just LET IT OUT in a public restroom or locker room?

I understand that a public restroom/ locker room would be the most appropriate area to perform this natural bodily function but what about the other people that may be occupying the restroom/locker room the same time you are?

I stated that even though you're in the optimum place for it you should STILL be respectful (e.g., noise level) of people in the surrounding area. I actually had some people tell me that it was acceptable to let it out. I respect their opinion and all but I disagree.

Am I wrong?

heck no...IMO its not something inappropriate at any time...its a natural body function... think about it ... we get all "offended" when people pass gas or burp... but abortion ..gay marriage or smokeing pot is now ok and fought for??? seriously folks... we are too stuck on ourselves and this Political correctness crap

If you do don't do it this hard
ExplodingHead.gif

When I was a kid, my mom taught me that the bathroom is the appropriate place to pass gas. I remember one Sunday morning, my mom and sister were in the bathroom doing their hair. I walked in, passed some gas, and walked back out. She got mad at me. I didn't understand why.

I started this on another forum so I'd thought I'd share with my fellow .org members.

Well anyway I got into a debate with a couple of co-workers (no I didn't start it) about this subject the other day and the real question/subject is if it's okay to just LET IT OUT in a public restroom or locker room?

I understand that a public restroom/ locker room would be the most appropriate area to perform this natural bodily function but what about the other people that may be occupying the restroom/locker room the same time you are?

I stated that even though you're in the optimum place for it you should STILL be respectful (e.g., noise level) of people in the surrounding area. I actually had some people tell me that it was acceptable to let it out. I respect their opinion and all but I disagree.

Am I wrong?
You have waaaaay to much time on your hands

Didn't you also start the thread on bowel movements and movie titles? :rofl: :moon:

Can't wait to see what topic tomorrow brings!

I just fart, and if a friend smells it. " In a toddlers voice" I say, I went poopee. besides nothing is Rude to me.......BLA HA HA
PS what a stupid thread

farting is fun, especially when i dutch oven my wife or fart in the shower when she is in there with me, but i only do it to annoy my loving wife:laugh:

ok, so I see it as a few levels.

private bathroom (home, work, friends house, etc) - clear to fire and comment either on your own or those who have come before or in warning those that are immediately following

public bathroom - again, open fire at will. I do not however recommend making comments either for or against and certainly you don't want to comment on someone in the other stall. God help you if you start laughing loudly. It is however ok to warn the custodial staff that something died or was in the process of dying in there on your way out. I don't recommend the comment "someone's wrestling with a midget in one of those stalls" at the airport...I've seen that one go wrong :whistle::laugh:

airplane, train, public transport bathroom - good to go, in fact your fellow travelers will appreciate it. They would however not point, snicker or make ugly faces at you if you take a few mins to "enjoy your own brand" for a few mins so that you are not guilty of crop dusting everyone on the way to your seat.

If you really want more, go check out George Carlin's Farting in public. No where near WS but funny as hell just the same :thumbsup:

Here is what I say....

LET 'ER RIP!!! :thumbsup:

In public restrooms with perfect strangers it is quite amusing when people are taken aback by the mere necessary release of bodily gasses.... :laugh:

Obviously in general public it is bad manners. I remember in grade school when it was so hard to hold it in between periods... then when you had to or accidentally let it slip you blamed it on that fairly large kid next to you to avoid embarrassment :whistle:

Back