A little scare

Projekt

Registered
The urge to use the men's room came on strongly so I jumped out of bed, put on some shorts and slipped on some sandals. Stepping out of my wooden bungalow and on to the stairs was made easy by the bright moonlight. My breath was frosty in the mid winter's cool night air. From that vantage point I looked up in time to catch a pair of V-22 ospreys dusting off. The clouds of dust filling the gap between them and the deck was lit by a burst of flares dropped in order to confuse insurgents looking to shoot heat seeking missiles at them.
It is at these moments that I regret not having my camera strapped around my neck 24-7 much less the fact that I left it home for this contract. Regardless of the circumstances I planned to purchase a better camera if the situation merited once on station in Iraq. The worst part about this base is that I must walk on loose dirt and gravel to get to the restroom/showers in my living area. I never appreciated an in house bathroom until I had to live without one and instead a common shower and toilet facility.
In any case, after the light show and a quick glance at the stars above, I began to walk to the restroom. The gravel is a white chalky irregular grind that tends to have sharp jagged spikes that I must remember to avoid usually after impaling the sole of my foot and experiencing the shooting pain travelling all the way up my leg, spine and to my brain. Ouch, that effin' hurts, I wince. Spots of bare dirt are welcome as they make the walk easier but dusty.
As I approached the restroom facility I noticed the lack of ever-present generator noise and think “damn, the power is out”. The relief of reaching the restrooms quickly left my mind as I attempted to open the door only to find it locked. Double f***! At least there is moonlight to light my way to the other facility at the opposite end of the living area, only a few hundred paces across the uneven irregular and irritating gravel covered ground.
The shortcut led me through a gap between a few of the neighboring bungalows. I noticed a light on coming from one of the windows. As I neared it the instinct to glance into the room got the best of me and without curtains blocking the view, I saw a young and very fit female Marine seemingly fresh out of the shower toweling off. Her dark brown hair was down, damp and freshly shampooed. The sight made me inhale trying to detect the fragrance of her freshly showered self. I tried to imagine how warm the droplets of water sprinkled on her creamy tan skin and shoulders would feel. Inadvertently frozen in my tracks at the sight of it all, I stood there mesmerized until the urge to go returned. Walking away was tough but I headed off to the other men’s room.
As I got closer to the trailers, the urge to go amplified until I thought I wouldn’t make it flashed across my mind. Stepping onto the mud grate made a resonant metallic sound and I looked up to reach for the door. It was padlocked with a big insulting master lock. NOT AGAIN is what I nearly screamed into the night. How could this be? Two locked restrooms and a generator outage at my end of the living area?
It was time to find a tree a bush or somewhere secluded but that meant I had to walk across the living area again. The pace of my walk was much more brisk than before because of the intense need to go but it was hampered by the painful gravel on the way.
I found myself nearing the room with a view and noticed the light still on shining through the window. The urge to go was so intense by now that I couldn’t hold it very much longer. Walking now involved the pee-pee dance a little to prevent an accident.
The window was there, calling my name; I was drawn to it over the protest of my bladder. Peering in, the female Marine was nowhere in sight, the wall locker was open blocking some of the view but she didn’t seem to be in there.
Just then, a very bright light illuminated the ground at my feet and shocked me, blinding me with its radiance. A loud voice shouted “stop right there, don’t you move pervert, show me some ID!” Fight or flight kicked in and I bolted running away as fast as I could while the shouting continued; “Freeze, FREEZE, don’t run, DON’T RUN! Release the K-9!” Every step came with the shooting pain of gravel stabbing my feet without the slight relief of my sandals that had stayed at the window. I began to breathe heavily as the barking became progressively louder with every painful pace. The sound of a running dog with its accompanying scattering gravel and the impending doom made me scream.
“Ahhh Aahhhh Call it off! CALL IT OFF!” Gunshots fired and ricocheted off the gravel as I ran further ducking and dodging. Barking was so loud I anticipated the bite dragging me down. I felt a clamping pressure around my right forearm and heard growling as I fell to the ground….

The jarring of the fall made me bounce only to realize that the comforter was pulled over my head causing me to suffocate. If I had not awakened from that vivid dream I would’ve wet the bed.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: it's been a long time since we had Projekt's Masterpiece Theatre

hey you took a break from these posts.... finally back in the groove?

Dude, do you write for a living? - you should. A great command of the language and storytelling. I'd buy the book if you'd only get back to the freshly-showered female Marine!

Anything that starts up with "Man I had to go to the men's room" can't be good. hee hee hee :laugh:

Dude, do you write for a living? - you should. A great command of the language and storytelling. I'd buy the book if you'd only get back to the freshly-showered female Marine!
you gotta go back on his posts... he has suckered a lot of readers in over the years.. :rofl:

You should write a book, you had me going from word to word wondering whats going to happen next. Love those kind of books, you keep reading because you cant wait until tomorrow to continue.

You should write a book, you had me going from word to word wondering whats going to happen next. Love those kind of books, you keep reading because you cant wait until tomorrow to continue.

Absolutely agree! Really enjoyed reading... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the props.. It had been some time since I last felt inspired enough to write something down.

Back