I'm Scared

Hey Randy, just unhook the spark plugs!

Just kidding. Seriously, he is a man now and I believe you have set a good example for him. At least he got a small bike to start with and the dirt is a great place to learn to ride. I think all will be o.k.

I'll deff. say a little prayer for the big Man above to keep a watchfull eye over your son.

Please get him signed up for a MSF course. Pay for it yourself, whatever it takes. It will be worth it!

Randy, I have to agree with something you said and something VABusa. No. 1 he is going to do what he is going to do and No.2 you have to have faith that he is going to be all right. I can only imagine the worry that I must have caused my mom and dad over 40 yrs. ago when I first started driving and riding motorcycles. I have only wound up in the hospital once because of it and it taught me a lesson. Being stupid bites! There is one thing that I have also learned from my parents and from being a parent myself.....you never stop worrying about your kids, no matter how old they get. My mom and dad still worried about me and when I was in my 50's and they were getting ready to pass from this life.

(Mike.P175 @ May 13 2007,15:46) Sounds like you are one hell
of a Dad to me and with you
guiding him he should be
alright. Just be glad he didn't
go out and get a Gixxer 1000  
biggrin.gif
OMG!!!

Roger that one sir!!

Wow!

This place is awesome....

I never really thought of an MSF course!
Heck of an idea and one that should have occured to me too!
poke.gif

I'm on it...

Thanks for all the input and insight folks!
I'll keep yas posted...

YH2K I totally feel you. I think there will always be that healthy fear no matter how old they are. We're parents - It's our job description.
laugh.gif

My son is 17, getting his license this summer, and can't wait to get his own bike. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time but I know I can't protect them always, and shouldn't try. They have to stand on their own two feet and make some decisions. But kids follow your lead because parents lead my example. You taught him to respect the machine and wear the gear through words and actions. Keep him in your prayers, put him in MSF, answer his questions and give him your wisdom. Sounds like a smart kid, it'll stick.

Back