Is it possible for my bike to white smoke because of a bad oil filter?

Huntercs10

Registered
My 08 busa white smokes out the right side of the bike and I honestly have no idea what it could be. Is it possible it could be due to a bad oil filter?
Also it’s not leaking oil on the exhaust I’ve already checked. It’s not leaking anywhere either.

#BlowingAlotOfOil ~ #KandNfilters ~ #WhiteSmoke ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
I'd slow the roll waaayyy down before I'd think head gasket etc.

Does the white smoke disipate in time? Meaning once the bike warms up, does it go away?

Everything runs fine etc.?

These bikes are a bear to check the coolant level on too...I'd be looking at the coolant level if a head gasket was suspect...

I'd slow the roll waaayyy down before I'd think head gasket etc.

Does the white smoke disipate in time? Meaning once the bike warms up, does it go away?

Everything runs fine etc.?
It’ll run fine but the hotter it gets the more smoke comes out and it doesn’t go away w time

More information is needed. Where exactly is the smoke coming from? Tailpipe? Motor? Fairings? Stator cover?
Is it white? Grey? Blue?
What does it smell like? Exhaust? Oil? Coolant?
It’s coming from the motor I believe. It’s hard to see exactly where it’s coming from. I took it’s like a whitish blue color and it smells like coolant.

More information is needed. Where exactly is the smoke coming from? Tailpipe? Motor? Fairings? Stator cover?
Is it white? Grey? Blue?
What does it smell like? Exhaust? Oil? Coolant?
It’s could be coming from the stator cover though. It was smoking a little from the stator cover before I did the oil change.

It’s could be coming from the stator cover though. It was smoking a little from the stator cover before I did the oil change.

Ok these most recent answers do point more towards a head gasket. I'd pull the fairings off and see what the coolant overflow tank looks like. If it's empty, then I'd start to become a bit more concerned and start looking a bit more seriously.

There's no coolant in the stator, so that doesn't make sense. Not saying that it's not doing that, but if it's pushed a head gasket it'll typically put white smoke out of the exhaust, and smell like coolant.
You said it was smoking before you did an oil change, did it get worse?

There's no coolant in the stator, so that doesn't make sense. Not saying that it's not doing that, but if it's pushed a head gasket it'll typically put white smoke out of the exhaust, and smell like coolant.
Yea after the oil change it got a lot worse.

And you know the stator cover is on the opposite side of the bike (left) from the clutch cover, right?
Haha yea I didn’t know that. I’m not very mechanically inclined. But
And you know the stator cover is on the opposite side of the bike (left) from the clutch cover, right?
Yea not very mechanically inclined. That’s why I’m here lol.

And the bike isn’t overheating or anything when it’s running.

Does it have stock exhaust or at least the stock headers?

If so-could have a gasket leak on the stator and the oil is dripping onto the exhaust....could be a split in one of the coolant hoses with coolant running down and dripping on the exhaust???

A couple things to check.

Back