White smoke coming from exhaust

abdul

Registered
I have Hayabusa 2006 around 20k miles. I was
revving engine of my bike and one of header got hot. Oil start leaking and caught on fire for second. Now, I am open the air box and find oil there. If I run the bike, bike will start with not problem but big white smoke coming out exhaust. what could be the problem. What should I test? I checked the coolant and there’s nothing. What do I need to check next to see what the problem is ?

Has the bike been sitting for any length of time?

Has it had any very high revving or over-revving runs?

Take out the plugs and do a check-see if one of them is coated in oil/coolant.

You should be able to smell the oil or coolant in the exhaust.

Swipe the exhaust (with it turned off) and check to see what residue is in there-is it oily or is it coolant?

You could have blown a head gasket and depending on the position it blew, the oil might have not gotten into the coolant-yet.

Bike was setting for long time before I fix it. I fix it last month. I was reviving the bike for a good one minute in limiter. Then turn it off. Tune back and I start doing burn out. Bike got hot and one the exhaust turned red. Oil start drop from the oil filter and coughed fire for little bit less than 5 second. I remember back 2017. When bike get hot. White smoke comes but goes. Now white Smoke comes a lot. I have attached picture similar to the smoke

7DCF696E-2C45-4746-A196-CFF46F89313B.jpeg

Swipe the exhaust (with it turned off) and check to see what residue is in there-is it oily or is it coolant?

You could have blown a head gasket and depending on the position it blew, the oil might have not gotten into the coolant-yet.
How much will cost me to change the head gasket?

Bike was setting for long time before I fix it. I fix it last month. I was reviving the bike for a good one minute in limiter. Then turn it off. Tune back and I start doing burn out. Bike got hot and one the exhaust turned red. Oil start drop from the oil filter and coughed fire for little bit less than 5 second. I remember back 2017. When bike get hot. White smoke comes but goes. Now white Smoke comes a lot. I have attached picture similar to the smoke

How much will cost me to change the head gasket?
As I don't know where you are located that is impossible to give an estimate...

It's a fairly big job to change out a head gasket-the engine can stay in the bike but a lot of things have to come off to get at it so the labor costs are high-the gasket itself is pretty cheap.

One of the downpipes turned red?

I'd say your injectors were sticking or gummed up and then your foray into the rev limiter and stressing the engine to it's max blew your head gasket.

As I don't know where you are located that is impossible to give an estimate...

It's a fairly big job to change out a head gasket-the engine can stay in the bike but a lot of things have to come off to get at it so the labor costs are high-the gasket itself is pretty cheap.
Do you know the hour estimate?

Do you know the hour estimate?

It really depends on who's doing it...there is a lot of stuff to remove to even get to the head. Then the cam cover and cams have to come off, then the head so it would be a good afternoon of work for someone who works fast (like @c10 ). A dealership would take longer I reckon.

It really depends on who's doing it...there is a lot of stuff to remove to even get to the head. Then the cam cover and cams have to come off, then the head so it would be a good afternoon of work for someone who works fast (like @c10 ). A dealership would take longer I reckon.
I live in Florida Orlando and if you have mechanics member. Please tag them here.

If you have blown a head gasket by pinning the rev limiter,doing burnouts etc...the cost of this less-than-wise...:laugh: behavior is going to be costly.
A head gasket of course requires removal of the head and motor has to come out of the frame. Somebody once mentioned that tipping the motor forward allows head removal,IDK about that. A service manuals list of work that can be done with motor in frame does NOT include head removal. It is on the list of work that requires motor removal.
I would employ a highly skilled tech for the work. You could save some money by removing the motor yourself or having a "back-yarder" do it,but a skilled tech will want to do all the work, most likely, if any warrantee is to be offered. This is NOT 1 afternoons work.
Hard to decipher the order in which things happened on this one but a lesson to all (althou I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the members here wouldn't do it) not to fire up a motor that has been sitting 3 years,pin it for a minute,(hey thats funny/rhymes), till the oil filter leaks,motor breathes fire, and smoke comes out....then start it again. IDK....usually in a case like this I'd say something like "stoopid = $ " but that was before when I was a mean old bastid.
Rubb.

If you have blown a head gasket by pinning the rev limiter,doing burnouts etc...the cost of this less-than-wise...:laugh: behavior is going to be costly.
A head gasket of course requires removal of the head and motor has to come out of the frame. Somebody once mentioned that tipping the motor forward allows head removal,IDK about that. A service manuals list of work that can be done with motor in frame does NOT include head removal. It is on the list of work that requires motor removal.
I would employ a highly skilled tech for the work. You could save some money by removing the motor yourself or having a "back-yarder" do it,but a skilled tech will want to do all the work, most likely, if any warrantee is to be offered. This is NOT 1 afternoons work.
Hard to decipher the order in which things happened on this one but a lesson to all (althou I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the members here wouldn't do it) not to fire up a motor that has been sitting 3 years,pin it for a minute,(hey thats funny/rhymes), till the oil filter leaks,motor breathes fire, and smoke comes out....then start it again. IDK....usually in a case like this I'd say something like "stoopid = $ " but that was before when I was a mean old bastid.
Rubb.
Ok. Next

Last edited:
Rubb.
True - nobody I know would do that but I think its more than HILARIOUS....especially if your surpassed the age of 18.....
rofl.gif

Back