Iron butt ride

Thats definitely some good riding Red.... Congrats... :thumbsup:..Glad your trip was without incident and you are safe at home....You sir... are the man!!!:bowdown::cheerleader:

By the way, this is the time I left the house.
dcdff6d6.jpg

Thats definitely some good riding Red.... Congrats... :thumbsup:..Glad your trip was without incident and you are safe at home....You sir... are the man!!!:bowdown::cheerleader:
Thank you sir!!! It was a very smooth ride. Not one close call.

I just felt kinda bad that storm rolled in early because I was shooting for more than 1,200 miles trying to beat my old record of 1,205 miles. I was so close.

I just felt kinda bad that storm rolled in early because I was shooting for more than 1,200 miles trying to beat my old record of 1,205 miles. I was so close.

You sir have ALL summer to beat your old record.
Some people don't/won't put that many miles (1147.7) on all YEAR.

After you catch your breathe, did you take any nice pictures for us to drool over?

Also did you check gas mileage at all?

My Corbin seat is due this week :cheerleader: I may never never match your distances (who can) but I plan on longer rides then in the past.

Great ride :thumbsup:

sleepless,
May I humbly/respectfully offer as your next "target:" the IBA BUNBURNER (1500 miles in under 36 hours).....I came very close last year to making it (missed it by about 200 miles) :banghead:

Also did you check gas mileage at all?
Here's the mpg.
4aa77c47.jpg

WOW!!! Congrats:bowdown:
Thanks!!!

sleepless,
May I humbly/respectfully offer as your next "target:" the IBA BUNBURNER (1500 miles in under 36 hours).....I came very close last year to making it (missed it by about 200 miles) :banghead:
That's one of my goals. If I can do 500 miles in 7 hours, I think I can do 1500 miles within 24 hours. Who knows? That's because I don't take breaks for more than 10 minutes. I just put gas, go to the restroom, and hit the road again.

Yesterday, I only had a hotdog and a coke for lunch after 505 miles. In the afternoon, I only had a slim Jim and a coke on two separate breaks. That's all I had all day. I thought about going to a restaurant for lunch but it will take too much of my time. Did I mention I didn't eat breakfast?:laugh:

Maybe you should get an external tank :laugh::laugh::laugh:
That would cut down on your stops. :thumbsup:

Just wondering - do you have/use any kind of Navigation device other than a paper map if that?

Also what speed in mph and rpm's are you averaging?

Another question is what kind of gear do you wear on these long rides.

Mesh Jacket, full leather jacket, racing gloves, special boots/pants etc.etc.etc.

Thanks for everything. :thumbsup:

Maybe you should get an external tank :laugh::laugh::laugh:
That would cut down on your stops. :thumbsup:

Just wondering - do you have/use any kind of Navigation device other than a paper map if that?

Also what speed in mph and rpm's are you averaging?

Another question is what kind of gear do you wear on these long rides.

Mesh Jacket, full leather jacket, racing gloves, special boots/pants etc.etc.etc.

Thanks for everything. :thumbsup:
I don't use navigation system.

Average speed is 80mph at around 4Krpm.

As far as gear, depends on how hot it is. Yesterday, I had perforated leather jacket and jeans with Kevlar protection, touring boots, and Joe Rocket racing gloves. ATGATT!!!:thumbsup:

I'm probably doing a trip to Vegas from Cold Lake. My wife will fly down and meet me there. I'm planning for October and it's 2500km or 1550 miles one way. But I'll be hangin in Vegas for about a week...lol

Have a good time on your ride!!!!

awesome. i think i'm shooting for a IBA this sat if weather holds up. going to ride from Raleigh, NC to Daytona, FL.. get lunch, and ride back should be close to 1100 miles. any tips? i've rode 800 miles in one day before and that was rough.

Take a camelback, every gas stop check and refill it, eat a meal bar while walking around. Then hit the road. Total stopped time is ten minutes. I recommend against getting up early especially if you can't go to sleep early. Stick to your normal sleeping routine.

Get a throttle rocker or throttlemeister or better full cruise and let her rip! Bike shorts, get a good pair of padded bike shorts.

Back