Iron butt ride

Best of luck, ride safe and have fun. This should be a piece of cake for you man...more like a warm-up run.
P.S. I will be attempting my 2nd SS1000 next week :please:
Thanks, bro. Same to you.:)

About time Jesse. :bowdown: We've been reading about your exploits too many times over- they should give you an honorary one!
I know, Tim. It's been 8 months since I did the last one. Just can't find the time to do it.
Be safe! Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:
Thanks!!!:beerchug:

My butts on fire just reading this thread :laugh:
:laugh:

If I read your map right you are stopping at the border of Canada, is that right?

Must be nice to have a wife that lets you go because she knows it's a passion of yours.

I'm still waiting on my Corbin seat. Then I might be able to ride ½ of what you are going to do.

Have a great ride and post lots of pictures for use to drool over.

Also check you gas mileage for us if you will.

Also don't blink or you will miss your bike rolling over 100,000 miles :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks!!! You're right. Again, weather permitting, I will be riding up to the border.

I get an average of 45mpg on the highway.

Wife's nice because I'm the same way with her. I always tell her that we only live once. Whatever it is that makes you happy, do it now. You'll never know.....
ride safe
Ride safe.

Safe travels :thumbsup:
Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

Nice!!! Hope everything goes well!!!!
Thanks!!! I hope so, too.:please:

Have a safe trip and make sure you take plenty of pics. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks!!!

awesome, if you were coming closer I'd ride out to join you, you are going entirely way farther west of me, though it seems like you are going to ride right through Froggy's backyard :thumbsup:

Have you done any of the Tour of Honor rides as part of your IBA rides?
Thanks.:beerchug:

No, I haven't done any of the Tour of Honor rides. I do it just for fun and to get away from it all.:thumbsup:

Thanks again, everyone. Sorry if I missed any questions. Kind of in a hurry to go pick up my daughter. I came home for a few minutes just to grab something to eat and will be out until late. Kids have karate class tonight.

That'll rack up a few towards the quickly approaching 100K marker! We'll have to rename it the Iron Jesse Run! Hope for good weather and the usual pee/beverage stop pics! Ride Safe!:thumbsup:

Make lots of stops and make good 'moving average' speeds.... I did 1136 miles in < 20 hours with friends in March.... have fun... it is indeed a great accomplishment.

About time Jesse. :bowdown: We've been reading about your exploits too many times over- they should give you an honorary one!

This year will be the first officially sanctioned Iron Butt Rally put on by the Pashnit Touring Co

I can't wait, I picked up the phone one day and it was Mike Kneebone, that was quite an honor to talk to a legend in long-distance touring community!

Anyone near Nevada in September, check out our crazy new idea... 1000MileDay.net. We actually have a bunch of riders signed up to do this already. Long Distance Touring riders are a sub-culture inside a sub-culture.

NutCracker1000 - The 1000 Mile Day | Pashnit Motorcycle Tours

Are you kidding?! It was an honor to speak with you, the person that has pulled together the best riding guide of the best roads in California. It is a bucket list of rides to celebrate!

And the best of luck to Sleepless_red! You Hayabusa riders are not only fast, you are tough!

Michael Kneebone

That'll rack up a few towards the quickly approaching 100K marker! We'll have to rename it the Iron Jesse Run! Hope for good weather and the usual pee/beverage stop pics! Ride Safe!:thumbsup:
Make lots of stops and make good 'moving average' speeds.... I did 1136 miles in < 20 hours with friends in March.... have fun... it is indeed a great accomplishment.
Yup!!! The last time my buddy and I did it, we stopped like 8 or 9 times and did 1,205 miles in 21 hours with a short lunch break.:laugh::thumbsup:

Great deal and have fun my friend! I got my SS1000 on the Buell, the next one on the Busa will be great! I'm hoping to get another SS1000 and I'd love to pull a BB1500 Gold, I need the practice if I'm to pull off my plans for next year.

You use a Spot locator or similar? I'm wanting to pick one up if nothing else so my wife won't worry while I'm out alone especially at night.

Great deal and have fun my friend! I got my SS1000 on the Buell, the next one on the Busa will be great! I'm hoping to get another SS1000 and I'd love to pull a BB1500 Gold, I need the practice if I'm to pull off my plans for next year.

You use a Spot locator or similar? I'm wanting to pick one up if nothing else so my wife won't worry while I'm out alone especially at night.

Thanks!!! Be safe on your future rides, too.

I don't use any spot locator but I do call home at almost every stop.

And the best of luck to Sleepless_red! You Hayabusa riders are not only fast, you are tough!

Michael Kneebone

HOLY KRAP........you are here? Mr. I.B.A himself :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PEEPS,
For those that do not know who Mr. Kneebone is, here's a quickie of his riding resume:
He set several Guinness Book of World Records including New York to San Francisco in 47 hours and 41 minutes, the 24 hour record with 1,707 miles and riding a motorcycle to all 48 contiguous states in 6 days, 13 hours and 21 minutes.

More here: Michael Kneebone 's Home Page

HOLY KRAP........you are here? Mr. I.B.A himself :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PEEPS,
For those that do not know who Mr. Kneebone is, here's a quickie of his riding resume:
He set several Guinness Book of World Records including New York to San Francisco in 47 hours and 41 minutes, the 24 hour record with 1,707 miles and riding a motorcycle to all 48 contiguous states in 6 days, 13 hours and 21 minutes.

More here: Michael Kneebone 's Home Page
Holy smokes missed that one! IBA member 42241 reporting for duty sir!

Back