Iron Butt Association .

c10

Registered
Mailed off my three runs today.
Doing all the paperwork was kind of harder than the rides :)
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

It does take a lot of time and the more concise and meticulous you are the easy it is for them to verify your rides. Don’t know if I was just lucky or it was my attention to detail but I had my Iron Butt verified within a month. From what I read it typically takes 2-3 months for them to go over everything

Reactions: c10
It does take a lot of time and the more concise and meticulous you are the easy it is for them to verify your rides. Don’t know if I was just lucky or it was my attention to detail but I had my Iron Butt verified within a month. From what I read it typically takes 2-3 months for them to go over everything
Yes yours was fast . I think though with winter setting in that mine might go quickly ( 1 to 2 months ) I'm in no rush as its been done in my mind . The one I missed out on in 2008 on a 2007 stock DR650 would be nice to have . I gave up at 985 miles due to missing two fuel receipts , and at 985 I was cooked with two blisters on my butt . My Iron butt member / friend was with me , and said I didnt think we would make it 500 miles .
To do 985 in a 16 hour period on that bike ( seat mostly ) was far harder than the ones on the Bird .
Cruise control , Russel day long saddle , heated gear it almost felt like cheating

I hope to make a trip to NY to visit family and get a saddlesore certificate out of it. Most likely on the concours though. That would be a good way to get “my feet wet” in the whole long distance travel thing.

Reactions: c10
I hope to make a trip to NY to visit family and get a saddlesore certificate out of it. Most likely on the concours though. That would be a good way to get “my feet wet” in the whole long distance travel thing.

Yeah the only way to get your feet wet is jump in the pool!!! :beerchug:

All you gotta do is plan your route, pack your gear, and make sure your bike is mechanically up to the task ie tires, oil, etc

Other than that just keep track of your fuel receipts store em in a zip lock bag and your set.

So I have done many 1000-1500 mile straight through rides. DesMoines-Pensacola, Atlanta - Chicago, Atlanta- Rochester NY. But never Iron Butt Documented. Wife has a 12' Ninja 250, we promised it to my son since he joined Army. He is stationed in Colorado Springs. I want to ride it to him 2100+ miles. Iron butt has a 1500 mile in 36 hr. Think I can knock it out. And cross country on a 250 sounds fun. Hell I remember when the Zuma 50 came out, one of the motorcycle magazines rod 2 cross country. Figure this 250 should be able to knock out 2100 miles no problem! So am I nutz? Big Pine key, FL to Colorado Springs? the 250 dont scare me but on a Kawasaki is what scares me LOLOLOL

I cant see riding a 250 ninja cross the country as fun in any stretch unless I was 18 chasing hot tail . The seat alone would be difficult after a few hundred miles . Lots of vibration to deal with too . Maybe go try 300 miles straight with nothing but a fuel stop . that might change your mind .

Back