Welcome to the IBA !

DSC_1354.JPG

DSC_1352.JPG

Congrats! Quite the achievement! I'm slowly working my way towards this goal. Someday (hopefully soon).

Can the witness accompany you on the ride? Assuming two of you were both trying for the same 1,000 mild on 24 hours. That and you provided all the other information required

John all their rules are posted on the IBA site . However I believe that may be acceptable . They are good at answering E mail questions that may be a gray area not covered clearly in their rules .
I'm planning a Bun Burner Gold this evening . 754 miles one way , and turn around for home 754 miles back for a total 1568 in 24 hours or less . Sugar Land Tx. to Las Cruces New Mexico . If I fail there is a back up Silver of 1500 miles in 30 hours or less .

Congratulations Bryan; aka C10, great job !!

Do you have plans for another IBA ride ? If so I'm in !! We can ride Busa's or use cruisers, I'm in either way. I can meet you in route or start together, doesn't matter to me.

Are you going to Haya's In the Hills this year ? Location hasn't been set yet though it's usually in PA, NY, OH, WV or VA.

I'm in MO, so I could meet you and we ride to the meet up. It would be another IBA ride for sure.

Again, great job !!

:beerchug:

FYI - Haya's In the Hills dates have been set, July 19 - 21 2019.

I would love to have someone to ride with. (wherever it's going to be)

Congratulations Bryan; aka C10, great job !!

Do you have plans for another IBA ride ? If so I'm in !! We can ride Busa's or use cruisers, I'm in either way. I can meet you in route or start together, doesn't matter to me.

Are you going to Haya's In the Hills this year ? Location hasn't been set yet though it's usually in PA, NY, OH, WV or VA.

I'm in MO, so I could meet you and we ride to the meet up. It would be another IBA ride for sure.

Again, great job !!

:beerchug:
Last night I started planning a 1500 Gold ride . However its a leave from my home to New Mexico , and back home in a day or 24 hours totaling 1568 miles . My wife , and I are hitting North Arkansas in May . July ill be In Topeka Kansas with Dorey Racing for the Division 4 , and 5 sportsman motorcycle races . what part of Missouri are you in ?

... what part of Missouri ...

I'm in Springfield. Didn't know drag racing was popular here until 2 years ago ! Have lived here for almost 4 years now. I'm what some "locals" call a implant.

If you plan a trip coming this way, post it !! I or others may be able to meet up along your route & join. Stranger things have happened.

Again, congratulations on a ride well done !!

Reactions: c10
I just read this sad news on the MTF, 89,000 miles just as an Iron Butt Rider.

IBR legendary rider Tom Loftus passed away this morning after a lengthy battle with cancer. For those that don't follow the Iron Butt Rally, Tom had achieved 7 IBR Finishes in 10 attempts and ridden over 89,000 miles in the IBR. He had ridden all over the world literally and was one of the most knowledgeable and likeable riders you would ever meet.

I just read this sad news on the MTF, 89,000 miles just as an Iron Butt Rider.

IBR legendary rider Tom Loftus passed away this morning after a lengthy battle with cancer. For those that don't follow the Iron Butt Rally, Tom had achieved 7 IBR Finishes in 10 attempts and ridden over 89,000 miles in the IBR. He had ridden all over the world literally and was one of the most knowledgeable and likeable riders you would ever meet.

Very sad to hear. I follow the IBA because i want to do 2 next season on my own.

Im sure you heard about this guy...an absolute monster :race:

http://www.gregrice.com/

Very sad to hear. I follow the IBA because i want to do 2 next season on my own.

Im sure you heard about this guy...an absolute monster :race:

http://www.gregrice.com/

Yeah, (some) riders are crazy. I don’t see how it’s enjoyable to stay in the seat for that long. Some of these rides would be tenuous in a car and frankly, I’d rather be in my car for those distances.
0ED499C5-27F3-479F-9EB2-660F99B0832D.jpeg

Yeah, (some) riders are crazy. I don’t see how it’s enjoyable to stay in the seat for that long. Some of these rides would be tenuous in a car and frankly, I’d rather be in my car for those distances.View attachment 1593536

absolutely. I read his whole homepage. Unbelieveable.. from coast to cast in one sitting with i believe 4 or 5 gas stops. He has this huge tank on his backseat for fuel lol. On the other hand...goldwing/cruisecontrol and ALLL the gadgets he has- its pretty comfy- he only has to stay awake. I would find it rather boring for SO long. But hey...if he likes it- why not.

Back