Welcome to the IBA !

c10

Registered
Recived this email ;)

Dear Bryan Larrimer :

You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database.

Welcome to the Iron Butt Association! You are IBA Member number .

If you wish, you may purchase Iron Butt Association member only items. To do so, or to see our latest specials and offers, you must first activate your IBA eStore account by following the instructions at the end of this letter.

Iron Butt Association - What's next?!

You are now part of a very small, yet worldwide, community of riders that share the long-distance gene. And not only did you ride the miles, you were willing to submit your ride documents to a stringent review by your fellow long-distance peers. As you have experienced, we don't just tear open envelopes and print certificates, we verify each and every ride. You know you did your ride, but you want to know when you see an IBA plate back, the person with the plate back or certificate was held to the same high standard you were. That is what gives that $2 piece of paper its true value. And no amount of money can get that special piece of paper that you have earned the hard way.

Yea c10!! I may have to see what sort of things they allow for. There are a couple of easy rides I could do on the super slab. Boring but functional just to get the paper. But your scenery would have been far nicer. Congratulations
Jp

Recived this email ;)

Dear Bryan Larrimer :

You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database.

If you wish, you may purchase Iron Butt Association member only items. To do so, or to see our latest specials and offers, you must first activate your IBA eStore account by following the instructions at the end of this letter.

You are now part of a very small, yet worldwide, community of riders that share the long-distance gene. And not only did you ride the miles, you were willing to submit your ride documents to a stringent review by your fellow long-distance peers. As you have experienced, we don't just tear open envelopes and print certificates, we verify each and every ride. You know you did your ride, but you want to know when you see an IBA plate back, the person with the plate back or certificate was held to the same high standard you were. That is what gives that $2 piece of paper its true value. And no amount of money can get that special piece of paper that you have earned the hard way.
That really did take a long time! Congrats!!

That really did take a long time! Congrats!!

Yeah they are pretty thorough with their review. Didn’t help that end of the year is probably the longest wait cause everyone is turning them in @ the end of riding season. Typically 2-3 months

Congrats :beerchug:

If you order any of the IBA swag from the store it’s all great quality stuff and they ship super fast!!!

Reactions: c10
That's an accomplishment for sure, not just anyone can get that.

I belong to the CAR (Candy Ass Riders) I don't ride in rain, cold or go any long distances.

Nope!!! Does take a little preparation and route planning for a successful trip. Wouldn’t recommend just hopping on your bike and attempting it spur of the moment. The IBA has a lot of rules and such to qualify for their certification. Not hard but you have to be meticulous. Lose a gas receipt or not get a witness signature and the whole trip could be for nothing.........

With that being said if you are interested or considering I say Go Fo It!!!! Yeah your gonna be tired sore and probably wet @ some point but it’s sooo worth it. Just the challenge and sense of accomplishment was enough for me to do it. I plan on doing a 1,500 miles in 24 hour challenge this spring :banana:

Nope!!! Does take a little preparation and route planning for a successful trip. Wouldn’t recommend just hopping on your bike and attempting it spur of the moment. The IBA has a lot of rules and such to qualify for their certification. Not hard but you have to be meticulous. Lose a gas receipt or not get a witness signature and the whole trip could be for nothing.........

With that being said if you are interested or considering I say Go Fo It!!!! Yeah your gonna be tired sore and probably wet @ some point but it’s sooo worth it. Just the challenge and sense of accomplishment was enough for me to do it. I plan on doing a 1,500 miles in 24 hour challenge this spring :banana:
Sadly, it's not for me anymore, too much arthritis in my hands to ride any distances.

I did help my brother prep his friends RT1200 for his shot at the IBA a few years back though, that's about as close as I will ever get.

Recived this email ;)

Dear Bryan Larrimer :

Congrats. How long did it take from the time you sent it in till they got back to you? I have at least 2 IBA rides planned for the coming season!

I was looking at home to Montreal and return Other than getting through Toronto easy peasy. I have done that before the big rig. Never gave it a moments thought. Forgetting I did not stop for fuel I brought food with me I'm either warm or with a/c. So I check the milage and realized I am still 250 miles short :(. Darn it I said to my self. Suddenly Windsor to Montreal to Toronto with stops is sounding like a bit of a haul long haul.
So I get to reading some of the suggestions. They are talking From Chicago to Denver do this do that and I thinking Chicago to Denver!!! I have driven truck for 47 years. Never in my life would I have said Sure I can do that in 24 hours. Heck now a days it take me three days to get to Jacksonville from home. In my car :) I am now even more impressed with c10's and all the others who have done what he did.

I'd find the least populated and patrolled area to try it if I were going to attempt such a thing. It's not for me, but much respect to those who do it.

This has been on my bucket list for a few years. For me, a run across Nevada on old Hwy 50 and back would do the trick. One day...

As nice as the NHP is they patrol hiway 50 about as much as they do I-80. There are several other very lonely roads across Nevada. Running at speed your fuel stops are more frequent and w/o a radar detector you’re going to have to spend more money than you’d like (revenuers).:D Here’s a proven route around America touching all 48 states if you’re interested.
B429097C-9E28-418B-825B-11EEA39538AB.jpeg

Last edited:
As nice as the NHP is they patrol hiway 50 about as much as they do I-80. There are several other very lonely roads across Nevada. Running at speed your fuel stops are more frequent and w/o a radar detector you’re going to have to spend more money than you’d like (revenuers).:D Here’s a proven route around America touching all 48 states if you’re interested.View attachment 1591995

I’ve ridden Hwy 50 twice and never seen NHP, so guess I’ve gotten lucky. I believe IBA has rules about completing too quickly anyway, so you couldn’t just scream across the desert at twice the speed limit. Beautiful ride for a Saddle Sore though. Very cool 48 state ride map. That would definitely have to wait for retirement.

I'd find the least populated and patrolled area to try it if I were going to attempt such a thing. It's not for me, but much respect to those who do it.

My IBA was from New Orleans to Pennsylvania so I got to see a lot of different type of scenery and weather. I don’t think I could just ride through a desert and back..... that would get boring real fast. It was nice riding through different states and seeing the cities and attractions even if it was from the highway. Nowadays everyone flies so if it wasn’t for trips like these I wouldn’t probably have ever seen half of the stuff I seen

My IBA was from New Orleans to Pennsylvania so I got to see a lot of different type of scenery and weather. I don’t think I could just ride through a desert and back..... that would get boring real fast. It was nice riding through different states and seeing the cities and attractions even if it was from the highway. Nowadays everyone flies so if it wasn’t for trips like these I wouldn’t probably have ever seen half of the stuff I seen
I can see the appeal of that kind of trip.

I just got home from a out of town project to these in the mail. ;) One fine day I must say to put that license plate backer on.
Think might have to go to the Frame store. Now that these are done I'm planning a 1500 mile trip in 24 hours for the Bun burner Gold.

DSC_1358.JPG

DSC_1349.JPG

DSC_1351.JPG

DSC_1350.JPG

Back