Iran body seeks suicide 'martyrs'

DAB

Registered
Here's an idea, let's run our own advert, collect a list, then pay these people a "visit" in advance of their "mission".

By Frances Harrison, BBC News, Tehran

An advertisement in an Iranian publication has called for people to come forward for "martyrdom operations" against the enemies of Islam.

It is published by an institute managed by one of Iran's most conservative and radical clerics, Ayatollah Masbah Yazdi, who has declared his support for Iran's new President, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

The advertisement calls for men and women to enlist with the "Martyrdom Lovers' Headquarters".

It says the idea is to achieve "all-out readiness" against the enemies of Islam - and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Those who are picked will be specially trained for their missions in different divisions in every province.

To apply, all that is needed are photographs, a form and a copy of a birth certificate.

This is not the first time Iranians have registered for suicide missions - though in Islam a clear distinction is made between ordinary suicide and martyrdom for a religious cause.

Several people have signed up with different organisations to defend the holy shrines in Iraq and the rights of Palestinians.

But in practice, their pledges are merely symbolic and it is highly unlikely that they would actually go on suicide missions.

One function was held earlier this year to honour dead Palestinian women suicide bombers, and a huge mural in central Tehran still depicts one Palestinian woman who had two children, yet chose to die.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/4718873.stm

wink.gif

Here's an idea, let's run our own advert, collect a list, then pay these people a "visit" in advance of their "mission".

By Frances Harrison, BBC News, Tehran

An advertisement in an Iranian publication has called for people to come forward for "martyrdom operations" against the enemies of Islam.

It is published by an institute managed by one of Iran's most conservative and radical clerics, Ayatollah Masbah Yazdi, who has declared his support for Iran's new President, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

The advertisement calls for men and women to enlist with the "Martyrdom Lovers' Headquarters".

It says the idea is to achieve "all-out readiness" against the enemies of Islam - and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Those who are picked will be specially trained for their missions in different divisions in every province.

To apply, all that is needed are photographs, a form and a copy of a birth certificate.

This is not the first time Iranians have registered for suicide missions - though in Islam a clear distinction is made between ordinary suicide and martyrdom for a religious cause.

Several people have signed up with different organisations to defend the holy shrines in Iraq and the rights of Palestinians.

But in practice, their pledges are merely symbolic and it is highly unlikely that they would actually go on suicide missions.

One function was held earlier this year to honour dead Palestinian women suicide bombers, and a huge mural in central Tehran still depicts one Palestinian woman who had two children, yet chose to die.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/4718873.stm
+1

You know.. the whole thing about suicide bombings.

There are only so many people that will do this. And once they kill themselves they can no longer reproduce and pass on their ideology.

yeah it sucks and innocent people are dying. But governments are making it more difficult for them to launch large scale attacks, so eventually they are going to run out of people.

Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Not to mention more and more Islamic people are "finally" speaking out against suicide bombings and the killing of innocent people.

I think (hoping anyway with fingers crossed) that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I really would like to see a world where everyone can worship or NOT worship whomever they like without trying to force their ideology's on others.

And for what it is worth, the United States has never tried to push any form of religious belief on anyone. But we do try to encourage and help those that WANT to live in a society where they can do as they wish as long as it does not harm others.

Good spin on it thrasher...eventually, they'll run out of dummies and wonder "what was it all for man?!"
laugh.gif

I'm not sure how they expect to win the hearts and minds of the "normal" people in Iraq - or anywhere else for that matter - by indescriminately blowing up everyone, regardless of their beliefs or political inclinations.

And for what it is worth, the United States has never tried to push any form of religious belief on anyone.
Umm, I suppose that Christianity no longer counts as a religion?
C'mon T.F., you know as well as I do that the conservative Christian right would kill all Muslims and Jews if they thought they could get away with it........

And for what it is worth, the United States has never tried to push any form of religious belief on anyone.
Umm, I suppose that Christianity no longer counts as a religion?
C'mon T.F., you know as well as I do that the conservative Christian right would kill all Muslims and Jews if they thought they could get away with it........
I do not know anything about "right wing" Christians

If they would kill Muslims and Jews if they thought they could get away with it then they are wrong.

Sounds like Nazism to me.

And the United States government is trying to take religion out of our own government with the fight over removing the ten commandments from government buildings, with the pledge of allegiance being challenged because it makes a reference to God.

So if our society is moving towards taking God out of our own society, how can anyone think the United States would ever push a religion on another country? Just doesn’t make sense and is in total contrary to what is currently transpiring in our own country.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122418053 -->

I remember reading somewhere about a muslim suicide bomber trying to blow up a car..... all he did was burn his lips on the exhaust pipe....
biggrin.gif

Back