Ipad

Ezduzit

Registered
Just got a ipad for the wife, 16gb open box from bestbuy for $299, traded in her kindle and only paid $170 out of pocket. Shes happy and im happy! What are some must have for the ipad.

Sent from my Incredible using tapatalk pro!

I gave my wife the 64GB iPad for Christmas...and now I wish I'd waited until March. Stupid Apple.

The "must have" App is Angry Birds.

I thought about waiting but she really uses it as a kindle and I didnt want to pay the higher price.

You can download a kindle app to take advantage of your kindle files. I play Risk, VLC player is great, The Weather Network, a PDF viewer, Flight control HD, and definately Angry Birds. Netflix, Epicurious, and the sudoku app of your preference are good if you are into movies, cooking, or logic games.

You can download a kindle app to take advantage of your kindle files. I play Risk, VLC player is great, The Weather Network, a PDF viewer, Flight control HD, and definately Angry Birds. Netflix, Epicurious, and the sudoku app of your preference are good if you are into movies, cooking, or logic games.

The weather channel App is a must have. :laugh:

Thanks, I've used it more than she has, Any ideas on putting movies on here?

Thanks, I've used it more than she has, Any ideas on putting movies on here?

tons of apps out there for movies and music management.

Handbrake will allow you to xfer your DVD's that you own into IPOD/IPAD compatible formats.

I posted a thread a week or two back with a few apps I was looking at and a few others chimed in with suggestions, have a look at that thread for some goodies :thumbsup:

Netflix app if you have an account with them. you can watch all your play now movies on it. Cool as heck.

Love the iPad, it's al I use for computer stuff any more, surfing the web, uploading pics, renting movies, buying tv shows, music.

Waiting for march 11, wife gets this iPad and I get the ipad2 :cheerleader:

I never really cared about the ipad but this thing is like the busa, addictive.

Oh ya Netflix as mentioned rocks. Time killers like plants vs zombies and angry birds are good also.

Pandora radio is a must. I have like 80 apps on my iPhone mainly freebies. I want one of the iPads but I can't justify it.

I use VLC app for movies. To transfer avi files:
Open Itunes and plug in the IPad
On the left hand side, click on the ipad
Now on the top of the window that is displaying the ipad info, click on apps
Scroll down until you see the box showing the apps that can have files added to them(VLC, PDF HD, etc...)
select VLC...to the right of it will be where all the movie files added to this app will be.
Drag and drop from any file directory, or click "add", and follow directions.

So Ezduzit, its been a few days, what apps have you put on? As far as movies, I've been getting alot of digital copies from Blu-Ray sets, or Netflix...so I havent transfered any of my own DVDs yet.

These are 4 apps I use daily:

Plants VS Zombies HD (IMO best mobile device game by far, on my 5th time through)
Pandora or WunderRadio
Netflix
USA Today

Pandora, slackers, angry birds I did save image of a 08 busa as my wifes back ground. I did it to give her ideas of what to buy. Lol!

Plants vs Zombies HD is on sale for $2 this weekend, 80% off (sorry about the last minute notice). All proceeds benefit the international Red Cross.

Trust me, it's a great deal even at full price. Now's the time to pick it up if you haven't already:beerchug:

GF Really wants the Nook color.. Maybe i should convince her to get the first Gen Ipad.. We have a netflix account already and she reads all the time.. Any thoughts?

P.S. Do you need a contract with a carrier in order to use the Ipad?

GF Really wants the Nook color.. Maybe i should convince her to get the first Gen Ipad.. We have a netflix account already and she reads all the time.. Any thoughts?

P.S. Do you need a contract with a carrier in order to use the Ipad?

My wife originally had a kindle and she didn't like it so I exchanged it for a open box iPad and haven't looked back since, no contract required for 3G or non 3G, I use wifi with hers.

Oh yeah post from her ipad!:laugh:

My wife originally had a kindle and she didn't like it so I exchanged it for a open box iPad and haven't looked back since, no contract required for 3G or non 3G, I use wifi with hers.

Oh yeah post from her ipad!:laugh:

cool.. Thanks :thumbsup:

Back