Ipad help - Please.

RedBusarider

Registered
I have had my Ipad mini w/retina since the first of the year.

I'm hoping some of you have greater knowledge then me and can help me out.

I bought a subscription to Motorcycle Consumer News which included a digital copy.
They sent me a link and I can view the magazine through the link.
They also said there was an app so I downloaded that too.

Here's the problem - I have looked everywhere many times and the app is nowhere to be found.

I have seven screens with apps on them and a few screens have room for more.
Is there a limit to how many icons/apps you can have - even if you have enough memory?
I have 32 Gb and just under half of that is available.

Now here's the part I don't understand. If I go into settings and then usage and then show all apps
the MCN app shows up there. Clicking on it show that it's in data and documents and the file size and an option to delete it.
So nowhere on the Ipad can I get to the app to use it. Strange that it shows up in settings but nowhere else.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

If I go to the app store and look up the app it shows "open" because it's already on my Ipad.
Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or there is a limit to how many apps you have and that is why it's not showing up ???

I assume that someone will say delete the app and reinstall it. That will probably be the next
thing I do unless someone tells me to try something else as I not sure if that will for sure fix the problem.
I've never had to delete an app before to get it to work.

Yes I have rebooted the Ipad a few times since I downloaded the app, and still can't find the app.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I've used a PC for over 20 years but only about 8 months with an Ipad.
I don't have an Iphone or a smartphone.

If it was a texting problem then yes they know everything.
I don't think to many of them even know that you can talk on a phone and that they
think they are used for texting only :banghead: Don't ask me how I know. :banghead:

You should have a factory installed ap called newsstand. Or you can open up the ap store again and find the ap and instead of saying download it may say open.

Or delete and reinstall.....

From the main menu finger stroke down to reveal the search menu. Search on MCN and see if it show the icon in the search results.

You should have a factory installed ap called newsstand. Or you can open up the ap store again and find the ap and instead of saying download it may say open.

Or delete and reinstall.....

StrtRac3r Yes that worked - I don't know why it put it in there but it was there. Now It will be interesting to see if every month they go in there.
That and if they keep adding to each month or only show the most current month.

From the main menu finger stroke down to reveal the search menu. Search on MCN and see if it show the icon in the search results.

I tried the search and when the search bar comes up it says - search ipad and then you type what you want to search for.
Then it says search web or search wiki. So it didn't look like it was going to search the ipad for some reason.

Thanks for the tips and at least I can see the magazine. The digital copy did have a few imbedded videos which is something the printed version won't have.

StrtRac3r Yes that worked - I don't know why it put it in there but it was there. Now It will be interesting to see if every month they go in there.
That and if they keep adding to each month or only show the most current month.

I tried the search and when the search bar comes up it says - search ipad and then you type what you want to search for.
Then it says search web or search wiki. So it didn't look like it was going to search the ipad for some reason.

Thanks for the tips and at least I can see the magazine. The digital copy did have a few imbedded videos which is something the printed version won't have.

Hopefully it saves back issues till you choose to delete them. That might make me want some digital subscriptions.

Back