Introducing the Low Budget Bagger.. pics

Looking at your mods I notice you are running 18-40 gearing. How does that work for touring and does it help your gas mileage? Also I like the beetle bags do they have enough room in them?

Looking at your mods I notice you are running 18-40 gearing. How does that work for touring and does it help your gas mileage? Also I like the beetle bags do they have enough room in them?

The gearing is great for touring as in 80mph indicated she's loafing along at about 4000 rpm's, there are several of us that run this gearing..
The Busa has plenty of torque to carry the gearing.. Also makes the speedo real accurate.. as in 80mph indicated is actual 78mph at lower speeds she is dead on..

Fuel mileage for my stock motor and exhaust is pretty consistent in the 46-48 range running 70-75mph average.. (Give or take pending speeds)

Do the bags have enough room in them.. :rofl: 1st trip with these bags is in 3 weeks I will report back.. 4 day wkend in Arkansas, I'm going to try and not use anything but the bags for gear.. It could be interesting.. :whistle:

Hope this helped you... :thumbsup:

One more question Doyle when you put the 18 tooth sprocket on did you have to modify the sprocket cover and also is the stock chain long enough? Thanks for all the info I have almost 40,000 miles touring on my 04 using soft luggage and all stock motor. Works well but the taller gearing would be interesting to try. Hard Bags are my next upgrade (RainCovers Suck):thumbsup:

One more question Doyle when you put the 18 tooth sprocket on did you have to modify the sprocket cover and also is the stock chain long enough? Thanks for all the info I have almost 40,000 miles touring on my 04 using soft luggage and all stock motor. Works well but the taller gearing would be interesting to try. Hard Bags are my next upgrade (RainCovers Suck):thumbsup:

No mods at all to fit the 18 tooth sprocket, and yes the stock chain is long enough..

I wish I could get that much seat time.. The Wife and I Team Drive Semi across the country gone 4-6 weeks at a time.. It don't leave a lot of time to ride.. :(

I also used soft bags for a long time, They have there pluses that's for sure.. :thumbsup:

Well come on out this way, I think its VERY safe to say your bike would be more livable for the ride!

Seriously that bike is gorgeous, excellent work! :beerchug:

3rd week in September we are coming that way on the bikes, I will keep you updated.. :thumbsup:

:beerchug: keep me posted, I know I am gonna plan a vacation late Aug / September but the riding here around that time is :bowdown::bowdown: so I may stay out this direction instead of FL.

Back