Interesting shows on TV

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
So it's a crappy rainy, dark day today so I watched an interesting show from the National Geographic channel.

One was about Mount St Helens which was very interesting...geologists say there are many dormant volcanoes which from the data they are collecting are capable of erupting any time...the damage from one volcano such as Mount St Helens was dramatic.

I also watched a show called "Year of the Storm" which is showing the wild storms and how they are escalating more and more...droughts are hotter and more persistent, storms are fierce and variations in the weather is more defined (summers are hotter, winters are colder). They were showing some fishing boats weathering a storm off the New Zealand coast and they were having a rough go of it.

They were talking about some of the largest hurricanes ever recorded which never hit land (thankfully).

Pretty interesting stuff at least to me...

Mount St Helens was always super fascinating to me. In 8th grade in 1986, I did a big report on it. I finally rode to the mountain in 1993. Crazy wild place, destruction like nothing you have ever seen.

mt-roadtrees.jpg

mt-roadtrees2.jpg

mt-roadtrees4.jpg

12-MtStHelens1.jpg

It's creepy driving up to mt. St.Helens. the trees that got blown down in1980 are still laying where they fell. Unimaginable amount of energy released there.

Back on topic though, best show I have watched recently is The Theory of Everything. Stephen Hawking's story is pretty amazing.

I remember when Mount St Helens erupted as I was in Chilliwack BC at the time teaching at an officer leadership school. The sister to Mt St Helens is in BC.

What mountain?
I think it is called Mount Meager..

There are a brother and sister to Mt St Helens both in the US though so the intel I gathered all those years ago from the locals was most likely flawed although Mount Meager is in the same volcano complex as Mt St Helens I don't think it is actually a sister or brother mountain afterall...

CanadaVolcs_3_update.jpg

I think it is called Mount Meager..

There are a brother and sister to Mt St Helens both in the US though so the intel I gathered all those years ago from the locals was most likely flawed although Mount Meager is in the same volcano complex as Mt St Helens I don't think it is actually a sister or brother mountain afterall...

View attachment 1641747
I was told My. Fuji is a sister to our Mt. Rainier also. No idea if it's true.

My brother just starting watching some mountain climbing expeditions, like Iger and the Matterhorn

Back