Insurance prices - 18 Busa vs 18ZX14r

I wish it were that simple.
Lots....lots, of my friends used to ride, and I saw what they paid for their insurance, bill in my hand for several. I couldn't belive how cheap theirs was compared to mine.

Are you a homeowner? Do you have an umbrella policy, and have it with the same insurance company? If not see what that would do to the mix.

I am wondering if one of the insurance's other infinite options could trigger a lower motorcycle rate. Agents do not proactively look for good options or money-saving options. When you ask for a rate many times they do not do their homework and treat it holistically, ergo considering everything else about you that they should. Strangely a customer has to ask very specific questions to identify available options.

Also have you checked with independent agents? They have access to insurance that you have never heard of but is just fine and many times better than the big brands. The big companies do sell insurance to independent agents that actually competes with the big brand and its salespeople. I am unsure but it may be labeled a different brand and would not have the expense of the advertising that the big company has.

Are you a homeowner? Do you have an umbrella policy, and have it with the same insurance company? If not see what that would do to the mix.

I am wondering if one of the insurance's other infinite options could trigger a lower motorcycle rate. Agents do not proactively look for good options or money-saving options. When you ask for a rate many times they do not do their homework and treat it holistically, ergo considering everything else about you that they should. Strangely a customer has to ask very specific questions to identify available options.

Also have you checked with independent agents? They have access to insurance that you have never heard of but is just fine and many times better than the big brands. The big companies do sell insurance to independent agents that actually competes with the big brand and its salespeople. I am unsure but it may be labeled a different brand and would not have the expense of the advertising that the big company has.

Not a home owner yet...but we pay the mortgage on time every month.
We have Allstate on the house and vehicles.
I got a quote from them...$2300 for a 5 yr old 1k. Then they said, sorry, it'll be more...because my wife got a 9mph over speeding ticket 3 years ago...in a car, and wouldn't be insured to drive the bike anyway! And that's the only speeding ticket she ever had.
Wtf!!! F'n criminals! Just charge what they feel like.

Not a home owner yet...but we pay the mortgage on time every month.
We have Allstate on the house and vehicles.
I got a quote from them...$2300 for a 5 yr old 1k. Then they said, sorry, it'll be more...because my wife got a 9mph over speeding ticket 3 years ago...in a car, and wouldn't be insured to drive the bike anyway! And that's the only speeding ticket she ever had.
Wtf!!! F'n criminals! Just charge what they feel like.

The big difference may be because you don't own your home. That figures into their statistical rate models heavily.

The big difference may be because you don't own your home. That figures into their statistical rate models heavily.

Nah not true I don’t own a home and got cheaper quotes when I was in my 20’s !?!?

I agree Something don’t smell right Six

How many insurance companies have you checked with?? I switched 3x’s cause I was able to cut myine to a 1/3 of what I used to pay. Currently I’m with Progressive

The insurance companies should be insuring the rider and not the bike. If a rider has many tickets and traffic convictions they should be insured accordingly. If a rider has a clean license and has proven themselves, they should be rewarded by lower insurance rates regardless of what they are riding. You can speed and get into trouble on just about any bike regardless of CC.

Of course this is not reality because there is big money to be made and that is the driving factor.

Same thing should be happening for new drivers-the government want younger people to be contributing members of society yet make it virtually impossible for them to get vehicles due to the insurance premiums...

None of my friends with cheap bike insurance own their homes either.
They all have rent or mortgage payments.

I am with State Farm. I have my house, car and 2 motorcycles with them. I guess I should check into Allstate or maybe progressive for the bikes. I ride during winter months whenever we get a decent day with no salt on the roads...
State Farm was good for the bikes, but they kept increasing premiums on my two cars. The last renewal invoice I received said they wanted $2000 every 6 months for full coverage on the two cars. That’s when a told them to kick rocks and took all my vehicles to progressive. I’m in my 30s, single, homeowner and no tickets. I might let progressive look at my home insurance policy when renewal time comes around to see if they can do better than current company.

Nah not true I don’t own a home and got cheaper quotes when I was in my 20’s !?!?

I agree Something don’t smell right Six

How many insurance companies have you checked with?? I switched 3x’s cause I was able to cut myine to a 1/3 of what I used to pay. Currently I’m with Progressive

It would probably be easier to list who I haven't checked than who I have.
And every small business provider I try has been more than going directly to whatever big company they are associated with.
It has been this way for me since I started driving, 25 years ago.
I Hate insurance companies with a passion.

State Farm was good for the bikes, but they kept increasing premiums on my two cars. The last renewal invoice I received said they wanted $2000 every 6 months for full coverage on the two cars. That’s when a told them to kick rocks and took all my vehicles to progressive. I’m in my 30s, single, homeowner and no tickets. I might let progressive look at my home insurance policy when renewal time comes around to see if they can do better than current company.

State Farm is reasonable on my car, home, and my ZX14r. It is only the Busa that is high. I have had a clean record for over 5 years and I guess they do not take that into consideration.

State Farm is reasonable on my car, home, and my ZX14r. It is only the Busa that is high. I have had a clean record for over 5 years and I guess they do not take that into consideration.
I payed $700ish a year for the busa with them (cheapest I ever found), but the cars is where they got me. They went from $600 and change every six months on the mustang to $1000+ and from $500 on the accord to $900+ for no reason. When I called progressive, the lady on the phone said she had received a lot of call from people wanting to leave State Farm lately due to unexplained price increases.

Lol, my Dad(he's 67)complains about the "high" insurance on his 2018, 5.0 Mustang.
It's a staggering $800 a year...my heart bleeds for him, lmao!

So weird that's you're getting such crappy rates.
What level of coverage are you looking at?
My insurance to get it so low they said -
1. Do a 600 deductible on the cars vs a 500. Made a huge difference.
2. Make the deductible on the bikes $1k

I also have $12k worth of add ons for the Busa. Man your getting jacked.

So weird that's you're getting such crappy rates.
What level of coverage are you looking at?
My insurance to get it so low they said -
1. Do a 600 deductible on the cars vs a 500. Made a huge difference.
2. Make the deductible on the bikes $1k

I also have $12k worth of add ons for the Busa. Man your getting jacked.

I've tried everything.
I've searched for anything negative at the dmv, old insurance, credit, you name it.
They're bastards, none of them can give me a straight answer.
I'm like, just tell me if you've seen "me" in a video or something, prove it's me under that helmet. Nope, nada.

Lol, my Dad(he's 67)complains about the "high" insurance on his 2018, 5.0 Mustang.
It's a staggering $800 a year...my heart bleeds for him, lmao!
Poor guy!!! Lol! ........would be extremely happy if I payed that. I’m at $1300(?) a year for 2013 5.0.

it'll be more...because my wife got a 9mph over speeding ticket 3 years ago...in a car, and wouldn't be insured to drive the bike anyway! And that's the only speeding ticket she ever had.

Here is a question for your agent: The policy seems to include your wife as a rider or passenger as many will. Thus, if your wife gets a motorcycle endorsement and takes a safety class, will that lower your rate?

Here is a question for your agent: The policy seems to include your wife as a rider or passenger as many will. Thus, if your wife gets a motorcycle endorsement and takes a safety class, will that lower your rate?

She got her motorcycle license, and it made no difference(she doesn't ride, just wanted to take the class and get her license).
The rates they quoted me didn't matter if she had no license, and never drove or was a passenger. Only that she lives in the same house, therefore it's their legal right to try and bleed me for every dime they can.
And the safety classes in Va are bs.
If the class is $50, then you get a $50 insurance credit.

She got her motorcycle license, and it made no difference(she doesn't ride, just wanted to take the class and get her license).
The rates they quoted me didn't matter if she had no license, and never drove or was a passenger. Only that she lives in the same house, therefore it's their legal right to try and bleed me for every dime they can.
And the safety classes in Va are bs.
If the class is $50, then you get a $50 insurance credit.

Divorce her then your insurance will go down and you can buy more bikes.

Back