Insurance Rates

bigc70

Registered
hey gang I have a question for all of you. If you dont mind me asking, what are you all paying for full coverage insurance on your 2008 Busa? I live in Cleveland, OH and the best full coverage insurance I can find is about $7,500 a year!! :banghead: I would wind up paying about 3x a month more than my bike payment! :cussing: . with that being said, i have ABSOLUTELY NO accidents or violations of any kind on my license, so i dont understand why it's so damn high.

Because of how much full coverage would cost me I have only had basic liability coverage + hit & run/not insured. But I keep reading about so many horror stories about people getting their bikes stolen from them it makes me want to spring for the full coverage. I'm smart about where I park it (at night it's in my garage with my scorpio i900 alarm with the prox sensor turned up so damn high that the warning beeps go off if you walk by the closed garage door, and even when i take it out its always parked somewhere tht it's not noticable) so i've been lucky thusfar. not even any close calls (knock on wood). Where is everyone else getting these rates tht are only like $75 bucks a month for full coverage? thanks!

There are many factors in insurance costs besides your lack of a record. Location where its ridden/parked is the main aspect, your age is another. I use Nationwide for all my bikes but I don't have full coverage, having paid the bikes off some time ago. I have comprehensive for theft coverage and all other coverages just not collision. If I go down in a solo crash, I eat the costs but otherwise I'm fully covered. BTW, I also never uttered the word 'Hayabusa' to the insurance company, its a GSX1300R and that's all I told them. Good luck!

I'm paying $856.00 a year for full coverage 50k-100k-50k with allstate. Liability only is $94.00 a year. No tickets, no wrecks, 58 yro.

Um, something is weird there or atleast seems like to me. I pay $336.00 per 6months for full coverage including comprehensive, collision, theft etc... And with $250.00 deductibles. I have state farm insurance, they have the cheapest motorcycle insurance that i have found. I do not have any tickets or anything on my record for the last 5 years. I am 25 years old and live in Tulsa, OK. My Busa is an 03'.

Last edited:
480 a year full coverege 500 ded. with state farm. they are the best. your age and your area has to do alot with it. if you are under 25 years old it will cost alot and that is why alot of young riders ride 600 cc. the higher cc the more you pay if under age!:laugh:
i have my house and my car with nationwide and pay good rate but they wanted to charge on my busa 2800.00 a year!:moon:

Bigc70, How old are you? I can call my boss and ask him. He is a State Farm agent. I can fid out if the agent you went to is trying to give you the shaft...

Bigc70, How old are you? I can call my boss and ask him. He is a State Farm agent. I can fid out if the agent you went to is trying to give you the shaft...

thanks to all of you for your input. i'm 26 years old. cleveland is somewhat of a high crime area. nothing near like LA Cali, New york or anything like tht, but certainly higher than a rural area. If you could check with your boss that would be much appreciated. thanks!

in the past when i had my 02 le busa, i called couple of insurance companies to get quote on my busa, some of them when i said it is hayabusa, they said "oh no that is that fastest production bike and they are high rates"!!:rofl: i thought that was funny and you did not even have to give them the vin. number or engine size!:laugh:

in the past when i had my 02 le busa, i called couple of insurance companies to get quote on my busa, some of them when i said it is hayabusa, they said "oh no that is that fastest production bike and they are high rates"!!:rofl: i thought that was funny and you did not even have to give them the vin. number or engine size!:laugh:

haha...yea when i called a couple places for quotes you could almost hear the "oh sh!t" in their voices lol. oh well. next time i call for a quote ill try my best to leave the "hayabusa" out and just say tht it's a 1300.

Talked with him today and he said to call your area State Farm agent. Insurance – Auto, Life, Home Owner, Health – State Farm go here to find an agent nearest to you. Get a quote and let me know. It should not be more than $400 every 6 months. I pay $41.00 a month for full coverage with $250 dollar deductable. That has nothing to do with I used to work for him. If any questions or you think they are messsing with you still I will give you his number and you can get a quote from them, but they can't write it due to they are in FL.

Wow, man. I thought I had it bad. Granted, I'm a young guy, and I've had a few tickets. I thought $2600 a year was ridiculous. If I find any companies that offer a good rate, I'll send you a PM.

What do you guys think about guys that get they're mothers to purchase insurance on a bike for them ? pros and cons

They have to be listed as possible drivers or they wont cover it which will raise the rate anyway..

check out ESURANCE. I went thorugh them and I pay $1300 a year for full coverage. With that being said, I'm 21 yr old, single male and the bike is in my name. check them out

Just bought an 08 and still have the 06 also
Farm Bureau 30 dollar anual membership and need an auto
99 grand am liability only 135 every 6
06 Busa is 123 every 6 months **full coverage to 11k
08 Busa is 125 every 6 months **full coverage to 11k

You guys need to shop around:beerchug:

What do you guys think about guys that get they're mothers to purchase insurance on a bike for them ? pros and cons

they need to have his name on it or no good and normaly if that is the case still be high if under 25, unless you are mama's boy and your age is 25 plus and you still live with your mama!:rofl::rofl:

Just bought an 08 and still have the 06 also
Farm Bureau 30 dollar anual membership and need an auto
99 grand am liability only 135 every 6
06 Busa is 123 every 6 months **full coverage to 11k
08 Busa is 125 every 6 months **full coverage to 11k

You guys need to shop around:beerchug:

20 dollars a month for full coverage??? wow! now that is hell of deal!

STATE FARM !!!! Hands down the cheapest for a Hayabusa. Call them and you will be pleasantly surprised.:laugh:I promise.:cheerleader:

Back