Another Busa VS 14R thead

Ditch

Registered
I've had two ZX14R's both of which I sold which is why I'm extremely hesitant of buying a Hayabusa, but I've had everything else even remotely similar so it's all that left really. I'm looking for an all day rider after appropriate mods. Test ride is just not going to happen unfortunately unless someone in Denver wants to swap with my 919 for a bit :bowdown:

For anyone what's owned or even ridden a ZX14, how do they compare? Here are the only reasons I sold my 14R.

1) Way too much engine heat, even at a steady 70mph. Once the oil got hot and it was over 90F it was miserable
2) Top heavy, and it just did not want to lay down on it's side. I ungraded the suspension and it still just wanted to go straight, I ended it up attributing it to all that rotation mass, but probably just never got it set up right. Overall not a great turning bike in my experience.
3) Something I loved though, it was smooth as silk. I've hear Busa's are smooth but with only one less counterbalancer it must vibrate more no? I'm really only concerned with the 70mph cruising zone. I'd expect anything to vibrate at high RPM.

Anything else worth noting? I'm not looking for a better bike, just something that handles and tours well with a ton of usable torque. Thanks in advance and sorry to create another thread on this.

Cheers:beerchug:

You keep making threads asking the same questions......

The ZX14 is the ZX14 and the Busa is a Busa. Honestly the only way your gonna find out is to ride 1!!! Nobody here is gonna be able to tell you what your ass is gonna like sitting on.

This is like asking people if they like coke or Pepsi more and why??? People like what they like. Your body your ergonomics your riding style is yours and yours alone. So what I tell you or someone else tells you about a Hayabusa there is no guarantee that your gonna feel the same way.

I do apologize for the redundancy but I have found people's random opinions helpful in the past. It's not real easy convince a dealer to let you risen their bike and following somebody dude around the city at 35mpg on a demo day isn't going to tell me much either.

We all love bikes and we're here to talk about them so I didnt see the harm. Totally see 1Busa's point though

In general , the Gen 2 Busa is known to handle corners better than the ZX14 , the motor is said to be not quite as smooth as the 14 , and the power is also less as you would expect 1440 vs 1340 . The ZX14 are noted for top heavy feel , the Busa to me only feels top heavy moving it around by foot with a load of fuel in the tank , or riding , slow tight turn maneuvers .
Once riding with that same fuel load , it feels centered , planted nicely rolling down the road the more the tires warm up .
The motor gets warm on the legs at times , but I don't get troubled by it , I don't tour on it , so my rides are short distance , and 35 C. degrees max ride temp mostly .
The Busa is a long wheelbase bike , so naturally is very stable at all speeds , but that wheelbase means 'on power' she can take some muscle to turn , but off big power she is easy to turn , and very enjoyable . It is a very capable big bike , do most things well , somethings very well .
As @1busa stated , you got to get a ride on one to know for yourself , beg borrow , look that bike dealer salesman straight in the eye and tell him you need this !!
PS. Have you looked at various model year Yamaha FJ1300 , I hear they are comfy , grunty , quick and available for reasonable dough ..... just wondering is all .

169 horses? Everything I've read puts the gen 2 Busa at 194 horses. Is that to the ground instead of the motor? I didn't think it'd lose that much going to the wheel. I really want to get mine dyno'd now. How hard is it to put 190-200 to the ground?

169 horses? Everything I've read puts the gen 2 Busa at 194 horses. Is that to the ground instead of the motor? I didn't think it'd lose that much going to the wheel. I really want to get mine dyno'd now. How hard is it to put 190-200 to the ground?

Depending on what you read, the Gen 2 has 197 crank HP and dynos at 173 RWHP or so...put a full exhaust, free(er) flowing air filter, a good tune and 185-187 RWHP is in your realm.

Might take different cams and heads to get over 190 RWHP I think.

Those numbers are inflated and over exaggerated.... Your gonna have to be making 210-215+ @ the crank to haul in 190 on a dyno. To get a Gen1 or Gen2 there is gonna require some work “Eye Eee” Performance 2 into 1 exhaust, port & polish, Cams, tune, big bore, etc

Those numbers are inflated
and over exaggerated . . .

You are gonna have to be making
210-215+ @ the crank to haul in
190 horse power on a dyno . . .

To get a Gen 1 or Gen 2 there
is gonna require some work
“Eye Eee” Performance
2 into 1 exhaust ,
port & polish ,
Cams , tune ,
big bore ,
etc . . .

:banana:

Dyno Sheet 197.jpg

#AnotherHayabusa ~ #BusaWing ~ #DynoNumbers ~ #RamJam ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Dam RED ,
Ouch you know
RJ is sensitive .

:banana:

@c10 ~ #AKAc10Bryan ~ #BryanLarrimer ~ #IronButtBryan ~ #THEoRg *

Reactions: c10
Your insight on the 14 wanting to go straight is interesting. I've always lusted after either a ZX or a Connie but my true love is twisties so I'm even happier to have Tango :)

You keep making threads asking the same questions......

The ZX14 is the ZX14 and the Busa is a Busa. Honestly the only way your gonna find out is to ride 1!!! Nobody here is gonna be able to tell you what your ass is gonna like sitting on.

This is like asking people if they like coke or Pepsi more and why??? People like what they like. Your body your ergonomics your riding style is yours and yours alone. So what I tell you or someone else tells you about a Hayabusa there is no guarantee that your gonna feel the same way.
I like Coke, because it was the original. Kawasaki, sorry I meant Pepsi did a reasonable job to copy it, but if you are a purist it simply would never be the same.

Dr Pepper is the original soda pop...it was out around a year or so before Coke...

I read a story about how Dr. Pepper got its name. A soda jerk came up with the formula and was engaged to Ms. Pepper, the daughter. Her dad the Dr. financed the bottling deal and the new to be son in law gave it his name. I have one of the first if not (the) original Dr. Pepper bottle. I used to drink a lot of it, not that any of this has anything to do with this thread. :D

Back