Hayabusa vs 14R vs CBR1100XX

60 lbs
60 lbs!!!
That is a huge amount!
Awesome job sir!
I always get a kick out of your, lost a lb here and there threads. I knew it was significant, but I figured maybe 30!

30 was exhaust alone Stock = 39 lb my Titanium system is 9 lb with carbon can .
LSL top clamp was 4 lb
Shori battery was 8 lb
Emissions was 2 lb
Rotors all 3 was 3 lb
Reflectors / tool kit factory was 3 lb
grab bar is 2 lb 5 oz
Misc Ti hardware 1.5 lb
Sprockets 2 lb
Belly wing/bracket 2 lb
Buel pegs , and ultra light passenger pegs 1 lb
I could maybe trim 2 to 3 more lb , but not wort it as rear fender keeps bike cleaner in the bad weather riding.
More Titanium , but saving money for wheels / rear shock .

59 pounds , and know I'm forgetting something .

Weight I added back = Cruise control Rostra 2 lb , Axle slider / stator cover 1.5 lb , Radar / GPS 1.5 lb , MRA wind screen .5 lb

So basically my bird is 54 lb lighter than the stock weight of 589 wet , when I add Racks , and Givi V35 bags its only 30 lb lighter . By time I pack for a tour ride its the same 589 or maybe heavier 600 to 615 wet .
However it flat smokes a C14 or my old FJR1300 that both are near 700 lb wet then pack them for a trip .
Both have far less HP than even a stock Hayabusa . Quite happy with the end results , but do miss a center stand .

DSC_3285.JPG

Say you drop 30-ish pounds, you still have a heavier crank and rotational mass inside the engine, this would surely prevent it from flicking as well as a 1137cc (Blackbird) correct?

I could definitely feel that mass on my 14R, and wouldn't dream of flicking it in like I could my XX.

Your black birds crank weighs probably more than the Hayabusa crank. 200 cc { 1340} maybe made the crank 2 to 5 mm longer.
I know the Zrx 1100 ( 1052 cc) v's a 1200
( 1164 cc) is only 2.5 mm increase due to bore size.
However willing to bet the Gen 2 crank is still lighter than a xx

Say you drop 30-ish pounds, you still have a heavier crank and rotational mass inside the engine, this would surely prevent it from flicking as well as a 1137cc (Blackbird) correct?

I could definitely feel that mass on my 14R, and wouldn't dream of flicking it in like I could my XX.

The Busa has always been a fat pig, but even swapping the stock mufflers for much lighter aftermarket ones makes a noticeable difference flicking the bike left or right.
The Busa handles better than a blackbird, and so does the zx14, both have better frame geometry and suspension than the blackbird.
The xx is a really good bike, no doubt, but dated compared to the Busa or 14.

Back