Insurance prices - 18 Busa vs 18ZX14r

08BusaKY

Registered
I am paying over $640 every 6 months for my Busa. When I traded my Harley for my 18 ZX14R it is only costing $181 every 6 months. I asked why and she said the Busa's have a lot more claims. That is a big difference for the same type bike...

Do any of you experience similar differences?

I own both bikes and had both insured this year. The price is almost the exact same (approx 800 dollars for 6 months). But its in Canada!

Sandow

A lot of people Buy and Have Bought Busas because for a long time they were the “IT” bike....

Guys would buy em and totally trick them out for speed and wreck

Guys would buy them and put a fat tire on them with custom paint and wreck

Guys would want to look tough and ride The Fastest Production Bike out there and wreck

See the reoccurring theme.....

Not to mention since the Busa is soo popular it’s also one of the most sought after bike by thieves!!!

The ZX-14 doesn’t have the history or is as sought after like a Busa so there’s probably a lot less wrecks and theft involving that bike.

Last edited:
I pay about half that but I’ve had bikes and cars insured by Nationwide for decades so I’m sure I get a better deal.

A lot of people Buy and Have Bought Busas because for a long time they were the “IT” bike....

Guys would buy em and totally trick them out for speed and wreck

Guys would buy them and put a fat tire on them with custom paint and wreck

Guys would want to look tough and ride The Fastest Production Bike out there and wreck

See the reoccurring theme.....

Not to mention since the Busa is soo popular it’s also one of the most sought after bike by thieves!!!

The ZX-14 doesn’t have the history or is as sought after like a Busa so there’s probably a lot less wrecks and theft involving that bike.
u should write a book... oh wait...…….. jk

Wow guess I don’t feel to bad for going from 28 to $33 a month for full coverage. I keep telling my friends Country financial is who I have but they still get quoted way more than me. But I have everything with them house, cars, and bike. But it was cheapest and best coverageon my house and s little bit more for my cars.

I also live in Iowa only the brave ride 10 months a year.

I am with State Farm. I have my house, car and 2 motorcycles with them. I guess I should check into Allstate or maybe progressive for the bikes. I ride during winter months whenever we get a decent day with no salt on the roads...

I am with State Farm. I have my house, car and 2 motorcycles with them. I guess I should check into Allstate or maybe progressive for the bikes. I ride during winter months whenever we get a decent day with no salt on the roads...

State Farm is notorious for getting you into good intro rates then first renewal for no reason (except to make money) up your rates.

All insurance companies hate me, and quote me ridiculous rates. I have posted this several times too.
I'm 41, married, great credit, perfect insurance credit score(based on number of claims, tickets, accidents, etc), class A cdl, motorycle license almost 20 years, live in an area with super low crime rate...and no tickets, accidents, or claims in around 16 years.
Yet my quotes are absurd from every company. Full coverage on my new 08 Busa in 09 was over $110 a month, and over 3 1/2 years had crept down to a couple bucks under a grand.
I shopped around quotes for a 2013 gsxr1k a few months ago again, cheapest was around $1450 a year! Some companies wanting over twice that!
What's my point? They are all crooks, badly.
And, there are things that they aren't telling the public when the come up with their rates.
What they are, I have no idea. But there has to be a reason they all try to screw me over.
If it wasn't for their ripoff prices, I'de buy another bike today.

Insurance rates alone could be a decision point if I had to sell one of my bikes. I will cut off insurance on one during January and February. That helps some. We do get some good days during those months so I will keep the other fully insured.

I do need to take the time to get some more quotes.

All insurance companies hate me, and quote me ridiculous rates. I have posted this several times too.
I'm 41, married, great credit, perfect insurance credit score(based on number of claims, tickets, accidents, etc), class A cdl, motorycle license almost 20 years, live in an area with super low crime rate...and no tickets, accidents, or claims in around 16 years.
Yet my quotes are absurd from every company. Full coverage on my new 08 Busa in 09 was over $110 a month, and over 3 1/2 years had crept down to a couple bucks under a grand.
I shopped around quotes for a 2013 gsxr1k a few months ago again, cheapest was around $1450 a year! Some companies wanting over twice that!
What's my point? They are all crooks, badly.
And, there are things that they aren't telling the public when the come up with their rates.
What they are, I have no idea. But there has to be a reason they all try to screw me over.
If it wasn't for their ripoff prices, I'de buy another bike today.
hey man… its where u live probably.. if u don't live way out in the sticks and are near a major city/populated towns... insurance is gonna be kinda pricey... even my property tax on a 1200 square foot condo is 6K, and im wellllll over a grand on the bike.

hey man… its where u live probably.. if u don't live way out in the sticks and are near a major city/populated towns... insurance is gonna be kinda pricey... even my property tax on a 1200 square foot condo is 6K, and im wellllll over a grand on the bike.

I wish it were that simple.
Lots....lots, of my friends used to ride, and I saw what they paid for their insurance, bill in my hand for several. I couldn't belive how cheap theirs was compared to mine.
I have searched for a reason for years, and I have no idea why.
I've yet to have a ticket on a bike either.
One day I'm "F it, I'll just put liability on it" ( which is still expensive), and then I think about all the times I've had near misses because of an idiot driver. And if they have no insurance, I'm basically out a bike.
I Will buy sportbike #5, just waiting til I know it's right.

Insurance is high because dumb ass squids crash acting stupid or drop the bike in the driveway and make a claim. I insure my bikes with liability, comprehensive and NO collision. The Busa is $109 per year with a $500 deductable , 100/300/300 valued @ 20,000. I figure if I crash it and it's my fault, I'll pay out of pocket. If I add collision, the premium goes to over $700 per year :shocked:

Hey Six you should just buy an 07-08 Gsxr 1000 and put it on liability. I’ve seen them on CL and such dirt cheap and they still are 2 this day MONSTERS!! Or have your wife buy it and see what the Insurance companies quote her @

Back