Insurance On The Busa

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Is it worth while having comprehensive insurance on my K9 Busa?

The bike is spotless, low miles, 100% stock, but I am sure the value is probably below $7,000 so is it really worth paying for full coverage?

I'm thinking of just going liability, bought the bike new cash back in 2009.

The bike is spotless, low miles, 100% stock, but I am sure the value is probably below $7,000 so is it really worth paying for full coverage?

Depends the diff on my insurance was $13 to $18 a month. So for me $5 was worth the full coverage.

Is it worth while having comprehensive insurance on my 2009 Hayabusa?

The bike is spotless, low miles, 100% stock,
but I am sure the value is probably below $7,000
so is it really worth paying for full coverage ?

I'm thinking of just going liability,
bought the bike new cash back in 2009.

$75.00 for the whole year with liability only ~ if you hurt your bike, fix it . ( not totaled . )

Comp is also theft coverage.

I have a mint 04. under 3k miles on it. I have full coverage. This Spring a car turned into me. Clearly her fault. And she
was ticketed. She only had minimum liability coverage. Our state is 10k for property damage and 25k medical. Because of the
condition on the bike my insurance company went beyond book value for parts and labor. I had the bike on my lift. The
adjuster came to my garage to check out the bike. He worked off the parts list I gave him. And then added labor.
On the medical end. I spent a day in the trauma ICU. Two days in the regular ICU. And a day in just a regular hospital room.
In addition I had several follow up visits. Their 25k medical didn't cover half the medical. My policy also has under insured
motorist. It picked up all the bills after there policy was depleted. If I would have not had that coverage I would have been
responsible for the remainder of the medical bills. Not saying this is what will happen all the time. But it's a good example
of what can happen. Just because an accident is not your fault. And the other party has insurance. Doesn't mean you'll be
taken care of...

Can you put out the cash for repairs if you need repairs done?

Are you OK with the possibility of your bike getting stolen and not having insurance cover this?

Do you have lots of extra cash, and a great medical insurance plan, if you get hurt while riding?

If the accident isn't your fault, and the other person does not have insurance, are you OK with paying for your own repairs and your own medical care?

**You'll never need "full" coverage... until you wish you would have had it.

I agree with MattyMatt, i got hit by a high end bmw a few years back and the jackoff didn't have insurance (foreigner in a college town). I had allstate at the time and they paid for everything since I had full coverage. If you can swing full coverage(try statefarm, i pay under 100 a month for full coverage on my 2013 LE Busa and a 2012 ZX-6R) get the full coverage for peace of mind knowing you are covered!

I guess when it comes to policy renewal time, I will compare rates between comprehensive and Full insurance and make a decision.

Wifey backed my truck into a tree in my yard last Sunday and besides a $1,000 deductible, for a $2,700 repair it adds two points to my policy with Sate Farm. So in the next 3 years the policy increase is equal to what it would if cost me out of pocket should I pay the entire bill. Really it means the insurance is only worthy if there is a major incident.

A bike worth $7,000? That value does not go very far these days, I am a competitive cyclist and my uninsured bike costs more than that, while I wait for a motorist to hit me from behind one day.

With good medical insurance, is the medical part of comprehensive really worth it?

Unless you have really good medical coverage through your job or private insurer I would reccommend comprehensive coverage. There's no such thing as too much insurance when it's your wallet that's at jeopardy!

I have full coverage for $159 a year. The peace of mind is worth it.
In New Zealand I'm paying $650 full comprehensive coverage a year which includes gear replacement (helmet, jacket etc) and free brake down recovery. My excess (if fault deemed mine) is $250 which is what I have to pay, over here it's viewed that riders are automatically at fault which I think is a big pile of steaming you know what but what is fact that over 1/5 of all drivers either carry no insurance or insufficient coverage,my medical costs if any are covered by the ACC levyi pay as part of my yearly rego costs $528 either way we get screwed

I have a mint 04. under 3k miles on it. I have full coverage. This Spring a car turned into me. Clearly her fault. And she
was ticketed. She only had minimum liability coverage. Our state is 10k for property damage and 25k medical. Because of the
condition on the bike my insurance company went beyond book value for parts and labor. I had the bike on my lift. The
adjuster came to my garage to check out the bike. He worked off the parts list I gave him. And then added labor.
On the medical end. I spent a day in the trauma ICU. Two days in the regular ICU. And a day in just a regular hospital room.
In addition I had several follow up visits. Their 25k medical didn't cover half the medical. My policy also has under insured
motorist. It picked up all the bills after there policy was depleted. If I would have not had that coverage I would have been
responsible for the remainder of the medical bills. Not saying this is what will happen all the time. But it's a good example
of what can happen. Just because an accident is not your fault. And the other party has insurance. Doesn't mean you'll be
taken care of...

How can the accident be her fault, her ticket, her insurance pays...yet what her insurance doesn't pay, you become respinsible for?
It seems the remainder is still her responsibility. Bill collectors can garnish her pay.
Something's not right.
F insurance companies! All of em!

I had all my vehicles with geico till I learned they have been donating radar guns (or $$$ for radar guns) to police.
I wasted no time called them and cancelled my policy

Last edited:
You can practically guarantee that if you go liability only you will regret it, especially if you have had full cover for a number of years. It only takes one numpty (GB English for idiot or bobohead) to cause thousands of dollars worth of damage :confused:

Try Nationwide.

Agreed. Every other company I got a quote from wanted anywhere from $380 to $540 per year (all with the same limits) for my '06, but I got my nationwide policy for $298. It's good to search around, because some companies classify the 'busa as a hypersport, some as a sport tourer. Makes a huge difference in your "statistical risk".

Back