Insurance On The Busa

No tickets or accidents , have discounts for mature riders , safety courses , and I theft equip , multi cycle discount.
788 a year @ geico ( 12 years now ) the bird being 488 of that 788 . carry theft / fire / uninsured / liability / towing with a 1000 deductable on comp.

Called Nationwide to quote . same coverages as geico total 1520 . 1050 of it the Hayabusa.

I have 3 bikes on policy . Bandit 600 , Yamaha TMAX 500 .

Keep in mind everyone your credit score affects your rate too . I live in a expensive county in Texas.
If I moved to a Rural county I would save another 250 bucks on policy total.

When I carried FULL COVERAGE comp / collision on the bird it was 1380 a year just for it .

Is it worth while having comprehensive insurance on my K9 Busa?

The bike is spotless, low miles, 100% stock, but I am sure the value is probably below $7,000 so is it really worth paying for full coverage?

I'm thinking of just going liability, bought the bike new cash back in 2009.

Just my 2¢.
If you just wanting to save some money (I assume that's the issue) IF you don't ride all year round you can take the collision off (full coverage off)
during the Winter and that will lower your bill. I do that and it makes a big difference, I actually suspend coverage during the Winter as I keep my
bike in the house and think there is ALMOST nothing outside of a fire that would hurt it.

I agree with most of the others and IF you knew you were going to have an accident - you would even get on your bike that day. Problem is
most of us don't know the future. And we can't control anyone else - and last time I check I haven't met a perfect person, including my self - so I make
mistakes too - the older we get the slower our reflexes - so I'm just saying anything is possible.

How often do you ride with out the proper gear? But you want to ride without proper coverage?

Yes I hate paying it too but I had PL/PD on a bike and had an accident and therefore got nothing for the bike.
And that bike wasn't SPOTLESS - enough said.

I have been wondering this....if my bikes are in the garage and say a fire or tornado destroy it...does the homeowners policy cover it or the comp coverage? Meaning can I cancel my policy on the bikes so long as they are just sitting in my garage?

I have been wondering this . . . .

If my bikes are in the garage and say a fire or tornado destroy it . . .

Does the homeowners policy cover it or the comp coverage ?

Meaning can I cancel my policy on the bikes so long as they are just sitting in my garage ?

Typically our home owners policy will not cover vehicles with an engine in them ~ so your bicycles might be covered but your Hayabusa needs it's own policy . . .

Anyone in a larger city that can put their 2 cents in on the cost of insurance on a busa?! I've seen previous comments of rider's insurance being 400-600 a year but they end up living way out west! I live in NJ & i checked every insurance agency around and i keep getting quoted anywhere from 1300 a year to 2600 a year for full coverage :fire:. Keep in mind I have a clean driver history and I'm a 30 year old male. looking at a 2017 hayabusa...

still need to check on state farm :poke:.

Back