Looking for Insurance for the Busa....

yello_ranger

Registered
Hi all. I have had Progressive Insurance for 2 years with no problems. I recently purchased an 04 Busa in Apr 04 and added this to my policy. At first, I got Liability w/Fire and Thieft, and no collision. I paid $476 per year which I paid off within a week of getttig the policy. I decided to refi with my Credit Union because of lower interest rate and worker protection (if I loose job the CU will pay for bike until I get another one). I called into Progressive to get a quote for Full Coverage. My policy renewal is in Oct so they prorated the amount for Full Coverage (1,004). I thought that this was pretty high, but when I called other places, they were more expesive. I was told that they would deduct a set amount each month until the $1004 was paid about $200 a month. Everything is working fine, they are deducting the amounts for my Checking account...I do not like Bank Drafts...the idea of a company having access to you checking account, but this was the only way Progressive would allow me to pay out the add on of Collision.

In June, I dediced to change my checking account to my Credit Union because my old bank charged fees for everything...but it was a so called free checking..Nothing is Free!!!...Anyway, I called Progressive to let them now that I am changing checking accounts so I send them the new Bank info for Bank Draft. Everything is set...I asked the Cust SVC Rep if I would still be on the same schedule...She assure me that nothing would change except the new Bank Account. She also told me that I would need to send in a manual payment because the Bank Draft in time for the July Payment. So, I send in this amount thru Online Banking. I check my checking account...and I see two entries for Progressive 1) the Manual Payment 2) A Bank Draft of $400. I called Progressive to find out why they deducted $400 from my account without notifying me...All they could say was that nothing should have changed and that they have the policy paid off before Oct. I was pissed because this threw off my checking account...I asked them, "Are you that much in a hurry to get your money, we have 2 more months to pay off this policy" They had no explaination...This made me even more upset...I have paid everything ontime...never late...and then they pull this crap...

Sorry for the long post...I am looking for a new insurance company...Most companies in Texas want a lot of money for a Hayabusa...Can anyone give the name of some companies that you have a good experience with?

Man sounds like they dont care.. I have farm bureau. and I only pay 756 a year? I'm 25 1accident and no tickets? I would try them or even I think there is a thread on here about this same question? but I would try state farm I hear they are cheap also... Best of luck to yeah......

State Farm! I pay 396 per year with a 250 deductible, full coverage.

I just got a quote from progressive and holy crap....They want $3700 for a year for this Busa I just bought. You have got to be out of your mind. I have my house, my cars and another motorcycle thru them and only one speeding ticket two years ago. What is going on??? I am 35, this had to be a mistake. I am going to switch companies if this is the case....Wow, It is like a third of the entire bike every year, that just isn't right...I need insurnace help if this is the case.

I just got a quote from progressive and holy crap....They want $3700 for a year for this Busa I just bought.  You have got to be out of your mind.  I have my house, my cars and another motorcycle thru them and only one speeding ticket two years ago.  What is going on???  I am 35, this had to be a mistake.  I am going to switch companies if this is the case....Wow, It is like a third of the entire bike every year, that just isn't right...I need insurnace help if this is the case.
It's not a mistake. Depending on your credit and the length of time you've had your motorcycle endorsement, I've heard of Progressive's rates for full coverage on a Busa varying from under $1000 to over $6000 per year.

im 25 and pay just under £1000 a yr:(
i've had it nearly 2 yrs and have had 1 accident on a vfr400 when i first past me test.
i've had no tickets or points(and i hope i dont).
think i have got 3yrs no claims now,so i should see bout putting it on 3rd party f/t.
in the uk i have been told that tesco are doing the cheapest bike insurance,but im with quote online and there ok.

Thanks, I am going to look around because that is insane. I will try state farm and farm bureau to see what they can offer me.

Well so far looks like I have setteled for the moment with cycle-guard with GEICO. I put two bikes on it and it is running $1200 a year. Next year after my on;y ticket falls off it will go down to $630. This is now acceptable. I guess you really do need to check insurance before you buy, but the busa is worth it. I feel better now. Just gotta reach deeper into the wallet. I am over 700 miles on the new machine and it gets better and better. I will get an oil change this weekend.
tounge.gif

Back