Speaking of Insurance

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
I was stupid and learned this lesson the hard way. Don't make my mistake!

Progressive policy: $1,700 per year.

State Farm: $700 per year.

Not to mention, Progressive has a cancellation fee built into their policy so if you get the Prog. policy and then replace it part way through, they charge you 10% of the remaining policy amount. Is it any wonder they issue only 12 month policies when everyone else issues 6 month policies?

@$$ holes.

--Wag--

Yeah they suck....when I was looking to change to see if I could get better rates progresive quoted me $2,500 and that was just for the Busa.  I was like WTF and he said well, it's a hayabusa isn't it.....  They will never get my $$$

Needless to say I am still with State Farm, can not get any cheaper rates than them.

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: "typing like a 3 yr old"|1097796382 -->

Progressive is the biggest rip off going today. I use USAA and they are good for a low price. I switched from progressive to USAA and I save a but load of money.

hey Pjones ya have a link for USAA

i'm gona have to check state farm damn my record all tickets in a diesal pickup never in my camaro or Bike go fig huh i'm with progressive now 600 a year for liabilty was gona try and use amreican family they said they would then dropped me i don't get that was only paying 450 for full coverage with them to bad i can;'t get back with farmers and mutual of Nebraska gotta have a clean record there busa was only 250 a year for full covarge now that was great
cool.gif

USAA Need to be Military... I love em' may not get you the lowest price, but they will get you the best treatment and care of any company out there.

Progressive Jackass actually acted like nothing was wrong when they quoted me their stupid quote... I dunno how Property/Casualty folks work out risk but progressive is fugged...

Oh unless you Buy a Lifestyle, instead of a Bike. Yup, they will insure your $25K piece of crap Hardley for about $250 a year, while charging $2700 a year for the same coverage on a Hayabusa... They are using someting other than Actuarial Tables to come up with these rates... It's fuggin criminal...

I have not had a ticket for over 6 years and Progressive wanted around 1800 per year. Went with State Farm for 396 per year....Full coverage, 250 deductible, plus I could ride in the middle of a snow storm here in Iowa and still be covered. They cover you year round instead of the sunny day clause like you hear from some!

It really depends where you live...for me on the west coast progressive was the cheapest. I have a spotless record and so does my wife, and American Family (whom we insure our house and vehicles with...and we'll prolly be dumping soon) wouldn't touch the Busa. Neither would State Farm even with our house and cars. If your young and live in year round riding and/or high theft areas....your gonna pay out the a$$ for insurance. The faster the bikes get the harder it is to insure them. In fact alot of the insurance companies, like American Family are trying to purposely price themselves outta the bike market. The best way to get a Busa is to buy a nice used one outright...then just pay for theft and comprehensive on it (388 a year for me compared to 1100 for theft/comp and collision)
wink.gif

It really depends where you live...for me on the west coast progressive was the cheapest. I have a spotless record and so does my wife, and American Family (whom we insure our house and vehicles with...and we'll prolly be dumping soon) wouldn't touch the Busa. Neither would State Farm even with our house and cars. If your young and live in year round riding and/or high theft areas....your gonna pay out the a$$ for insurance. The faster the bikes get the harder it is to insure them. In fact alot of the insurance companies, like American Family are trying to purposely price themselves outta the bike market. The best way to get a Busa is to buy a nice used one outright...then just pay for theft and comprehensive on it (388 a year for me compared to 1100 for theft/comp and collision)
wink.gif

I'm on the west coast and Progressive was the highest cost insurance.  State Farm didn't even ask me what kind of bike I had, just what the CC's are.

Can't over recommend them enough.

--Wag--

wink.gif

I'm on the west coast and Progressive was the highest cost insurance.  State Farm didn't even ask me what kind of bike I had, just what the CC's are.

Can't over recommend them enough.

--Wag--
I did a TON of shopping....for some reason Nevada has high rates....several companies don't even cover the state...its prolly all the crash and burn Las Vegans and LA folk coming over to gamble. The agents all warned me that Nevada rates would be high, the state has went through some recent "changes" in insurance regs. In fact several of 'em said I had the lowest rates they'd seen on a Busa..for this area I'm happy with my rates...and we STILL have some of the most beeeeeautiful mountain riding in the nation...  
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Here in Louisiana, Progressive was the cheapest of all. I pay a little over $1200 for full coverage. And that's with a clean driver's record. I've been wanting to switch to State Farm, but they won't insure the bike unless I have my other vehicles on the policy also. I'm going to take a look at the rates with all my vehicles on one policy to see if there is a savings. But, the way insurance is here in Louisiana, I probably won't see any savings.
mad.gif
Bastards!!!

Hayabusa Knight-

Active duty/Reserve or retired.

I have been with USAA since 2000 and they have treated me great. I pay $575.72 a year, here in Huntsville Alabama, and I have higher liability limits than what the state requires. I called State Farm to compare and they said that is a very good rate and probably couldn’t beat it.

Progressive also pays out fast, I had two bikes stolen under their policy and they pay on time and give you retail value.

progressive treats me right. american family laughed at me, w/ 2 cars and a home, they said no way on the busa. still need to check out state farm, but i dont have a perfect driving record, as a matter of fact, i have 7-10 speeders in the last 3 yrs. go figure. progressive hit me for $144 / year! now that was online and over the phone, not through a local agent!!! i think state farm will laugh also, i figure if i like to speed, i have the right bike!

Back