Insurance. Need H.Org help:

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Okay guys.

Where to go to get insurance?
I am in Texas.
Allstate laughed at my wife when she said Busa.
Hahahah! Well, jokes on me, where do you all recommend?

We would like to get insurance for mine and hers at the same time. They'll do the Buell. Its only 492 cc. They wont touch mine.

HELP!

Can ya help a brother out?

Well I don't know if you have any down there but I would recommend State Farm thats who I use. I do my car and life insurance through them as well. I pay 88 bucks a month for FULL coverage on my busa and my driving record is as long as my.....well......it's long. lol. Seriously though I got 4 pages of tickets and they still let me by with that. Check em out.

If State Farm isn't available, try CylceGuard. It is available from Geico. I don't carry full coverage, but mine is $100 a year.
cool.gif

I use State Farm now for full coverage at approx $70 a month. Had Progressive for awhile to establish, but they wanted approx $140 a month... good luck. I have had that experience with Allstate as well. Been using Allstate for approx 26 yrs and when I said GSX1300R, Tonie and Ernie (my agents) laughed so hard they had tears...

State Farm here. $396 per year with 250 deductible. I have a clean driving record.

State Farm... I insured the busa, and now insure the 10R cheaper than I insure my 1995 Nissan Maxima beater cage...
rock.gif

Well, There's your answer. I have USAA and it's not the cheapest, I'm just too lazy to shop and I love USAA's customer service.

State Farm is the way to go. I pay 48 bucks a month for full coverage. Not to bad considering I'm 25 yrs old.

Guys I appreciate all your help.
Thank you.
I have some good ideas now (read: State Farm!!)

Thank you.

I have State Farm too, but they don't do Medical Coverage on ANY motorcycle policy. That doesn't do a DAMN thing for my family if I need to use it.

Who does Medical Coverage for motorcycles, that doesn't cost a fortune?
rock.gif

Tru wrecks......why won't state farm do medical for you? I picked up my busa and that evening my agent called me and asked me to come see him at his office the next day he wanted to talk to me about adding medical coverage to my policy. I didn't even request it and he talked me INTO getting it. Just curious man.

In case nobody else says it, State Farm.

;-)

And in case nobody else mentions it, DON'T use Progressive!

(stepping off my soapbox now.)

--Wag--

I haven't heard this insurer yet, you can't go wrong......State Farm!!  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105889563 -->

I actually have a funny story about state farm insurance. I was leaving my dads house one day on my bike and as I am going down the street this guy runs out and starts flagging me down. I almost kicked at the dude cuz I didn't know if he was crazy or what. I stopped though and he asks me " Dude I just was curious if you don't mind me asking how much do you pay to insure this thing? I am sure your getting raped!" I just looked at him and said well how much do you think I pay? He said " Well lets put it this way I know this bike is like the speed king but I am 38 years old, have a totally clean record, am married, own a house, and just got a brand new cbr 1000rr and I am paying 250 a month." I was like dude you are gonna be pissed when I tell you this but I am paying 88 a month on my busa. His mouth about hit the ground. I gave him my agents name and number. Well I talked to the guy a couple weeks later and he was like man I owe you one. I went and talked to Jay and I signed over both my cars, bike, and home owner insurance to state farm and now I pay 38 dollars a month full coverage. So I know first hand state farm can be a life savor to the wallet.

I have a ticket or 6 showing on the ol record, so when I bought the Busa, I put it and the insurance in the wife,s name. I pay 325 a year for full coverage. The other good thing about this is, no matter how many tickets I get, my rates do not go up.
wink.gif

Back