Insurance help needed!

Thank you for all the advice! Statefarm is the winner!! $930 for both bikes full coverage! Thank you againb! No i can afford gas for the bikes!:thumbsup:

Never driven a race car that would corner, but a long time ago I had a funny car that had the engine bolted solidly to the frame and it shook the hell out of everything.

I was just surprised at how harsh that Lambo was, considering it is still a street car. Makes me wonder how harsh some Ferraris are--BTW, Mr. Lambo used to work for Enzo, and left to start his own company, telling Enzo he would build a better car.

I was so tempted to take my Vette (200 MPH nitroused 440 cu. in. bored 427, roller cam and rockers-gear driven, Doug Nash 5 speed with much better bearings [NASCAR max. fill type], 2.72 rear) over to northern Italy when I was assigned there for 6+ years (non-military). But at 12 MPG and gas costing ~$5/gal, I sold it rather than pay to store it.

I had a rear license plate frame that said "Try Again, Porsche Lover".

Sounds like a pretty badass vette. As I said, I'm a vette lover, and WILL own one, one day. It's just a matter of when. . . Haha. Again, I wasn't bashin on the vette at all. Just a comparison thing. Just wanted to make sure it was clear I wasn't bashin.

Thank you for all the advice! Statefarm is the winner!! $930 for both bikes full coverage! Thank you againb! No i can afford gas for the bikes!:thumbsup:

Glad it worked out for you, :beerchug:

Sounds like a pretty badass vette. As I said, I'm a vette lover, and WILL own one, one day. It's just a matter of when. . . Haha. Again, I wasn't bashin on the vette at all. Just a comparison thing. Just wanted to make sure it was clear I wasn't bashin.

OK, I didn't take offense. Actually the Vette had a fairly mild streetable hydraulic roller cam, which was a huge improvement over ~4 other flat tappet cams I had tried. Only thing I couldn't do was get decent gas mileage--it needed FI instead of a big Holley. I ran the primaries as lean as I could, and richened up the secondaries.

Torque output was sorta like a Busa-no hesitation at all. Even at 100+ MPH the front end would lift somewhat when I nailed it. I ran "blower" grade pistons, full-floating shot-peened rods and of course a cross-drilled forged crank. Ported the alum. heads myself--they were closed-chamber, not open as I would have liked. I did buy a new set of "D" port open-chamber alum. heads for it, but never installed them--would have needed new pistons and rebalancing too.

Car was fully streetable, and the gear drive for the cam made a whine that guys thought was a blower. Fun car, didn't cost all that much, and never hit or got hit by anything.

The newer Vettes make much more sense these days--comfort, good mileage, very good performance--again, just like a Busa!

Last edited:
Makes me wonder how harsh some Ferraris are--BTW, Mr. Lambo used to work for Enzo, and left to start his own company, telling Enzo he would build a better car.QUOTE]

Not quite: Ferruccio Lamborghini owned a tractor manufacturing company. He was fairly successful, and decided to buy a Ferrari 250. He had transmission problems with it and took it to the factory to complain, repeatedly. Finally Enzo got involved, essentially told Ferruccio that he was a peasant, and wouldn't understand the workings of a car as fine as his Ferraris. Lamborghini was offended by that, and proceeded to start his own car company.

By the way, you can still buy a brand new lamborghini tractor today...

I saw some of them when I was over there. Look just like a tractor. I used to ride a commuter train down into Milano. Diesel powered. 5 speed--with a freakin' air-operated clutch! Took ~3-4 seconds to shift. Yup, another gem made by FIAT!

1 speeding ticket in 2 years ago in my car. SF wants to charge me 109/month on an 05 busa. How are you guys getting less?

dude with all those rides why does it matter, by the looks of it your not hurtin for money!!!??? anyway im 25 and pay $50 a mo but i have two cars and my house through them as well!!!!

Back