08 BUSA Insurance

shortstuf

Registered
I am 57 years old and been riding bikes since I was 12 so I have a little experience, no tickets or any accidents. I go and try out a couplle of new 08 Hayabusas today and am pretty sure I am going to upgrade my 05 FJR to a new 08 BUSA. So I get home this afternoon and call my insurance agent to check on the difference in insurance cost, well I got a little bit of a surprise. I know the BUSA is a lot quicker and faster than the FJR but. Now I have good full coverage on the FJR for $195.00 ayear. I knew the BUSA was going to be more but not to the tune of $895.00 a year for the same coverage. That seems a little bit high to me considering everything and the amount of time we get to ride up here in northern Wisconsin. I have my insurance with Foremost now, I was wondering if there are any other insurance companies out there that may have better rates on Hayausas. I really want the bike but can't justify that insurance cost .
hello.gif
lol1.gif

Allstate. $546 per year full coverage. 38 years old with a tarnished record but I also have my home and several vehicles insured with them.

I'd say keep shopping - although honestly $895 doesn't sound TOO bad. Geico wanted something like $3000+ or something equally insane.

I got mine through Country Financial, AKA Country Companies.  I know they aren't nationwide but cover quite a few states, worth looking into if they are in your area.  36 with no crashes or tickets, full coverage with 100/300 limits and 250 ded, 380/yr (2006 model)
They also cut my homeowners by more than 30% and auto by more than 10%

I've also heard a lot of guys talk good of State Farm, they shot me a great rate on the busa but would have raised my homeowners and auto.

Nice subject I am 48 with a clean record. My 08' Busa is 1100.00 a yr. My 03' Road King is 384.00 a yr. Both thru Progressive, anyone want to buy a Road King?

Hello shortstuf:

What insurance company were you with for your FJR? I am 63 years old and have a 2006 FJR and I almost fell over when they told me what the insurance was going to cost. I have and excellent riding history and don't understand why experience doesn't count anymore.

My insurance is in the $500 dollar range with Progressive but that is about twice what I was paying with my previous bike.

Take Care and stay safe.

windglider

The only thing progressive about motorcycle insurance is what Progressive charges. I have my 08 with State Farm. I pay <$500 a year for my 08 Busa with a clean record. I'm 37. State Farm doesn't care about the name, they go by engine size and replacement cost.

State Farm has a pretty good rep for low rates. I was going to go with American Family but they wanted to charge approx 200 a month for a clean record and 30 years old. Checked with State Farm and got it for about 48/month.

21 no wrecks or tickets at 79.00 amonth through state farm w/ only another car on policy.

I am running State Farm now, just on the Busa, 49 a month for the 50/100 full coverage. 26 with a "mostly" clean record

I am 57 years old and been riding bikes since I was 12 so I have a little experience, no tickets or any accidents. I go and try out a couplle of new 08 Hayabusas today and am pretty sure I am going to upgrade my 05 FJR to a new 08 BUSA. So I get home this afternoon and call my insurance agent to check on the difference in insurance cost, well I got a little bit of a surprise. I know the BUSA is a lot quicker and faster than the FJR but. Now I have good full coverage on the FJR for $195.00 ayear. I knew the BUSA was going to be more but not to the tune of $895.00 a year for the same coverage. That seems a little bit high to me considering everything and the amount of time we get to ride up here in northern Wisconsin. I have my insurance with Foremost now, I was wondering if there are any other insurance companies out there that may have better rates on Hayausas. I really want the  bike but can't justify that insurance cost .
hello.gif

lol1.gif
Everything I had was at Farmers, house, cars, bikes. My Road King was $275 a year. Farmers would not insure my Busa, but would write it with Formost (Farmers owns Formost) Quote came back at $2700.

Put it by itself with State Farm for a year. I recently moved all the cars and the wifes bike to State Farm. I'm now paying about $14.75 a month since it is on the Mutual policy even though I'm not getting a discount for having the house written with them.

Insurance in Texas sucks, I have State Farm now, I had to move the 2 cars and home to them and still have to pay $77.00 a month.

Allstate.  $546 per year full coverage.  38 years old with a tarnished record but I also have my home and several vehicles insured with them.

I'd say keep shopping - although honestly $895 doesn't sound TOO bad.  Geico wanted something like $3000+ or something equally insane.
That is funny, I have my insurance with Geico for less than $500 and year and Allstate quoted me just under 3K a year.

I'm 38 and i pay $42 a month through State Farm, full coverage with a clean record.

progressive wanter 4500 a yr..37 2 tickets...i got arrowhead for 107 a month, and took it. i will do more shopping around.

State Farm is going to get you your best rates. They go by CC's and don't even consider performance.

Back