08 BUSA Insurance

Once again, State Farm. 300 per year. I am 38 and haven't had a ticket in about 10 years.

Winglider I have my 05 FJR with ABS insured with Foremost thru AARP and I have 250/500 liability and the same unisured and underinsured motorist and $500. deductable on comp and collision. My annual premium is $195. Hope this helps you .

Im 37 and in Texas now and pay $60 a month on my 07 Busa. I do have one totaled bike on my record from 05 which just lifted.... (it was a Busa also). My 06 back in Mich was costing me $84 a month.

Went to a State Farm Agent today to get a quote on the BUSA well it seems they can't even give me a quote. First thing I have a 18 year old daughter who only has had her license for 28 months, which for some reason they say has to have had them for 36 months minimum before they can give me insurance on the bike ( Company policy?) My daughter is'nt going to drive the BUSA do they think I would be that stupid?. Or 2 I have to switch some of my other insurance over to them, Only problem I just renewed my other insuance a few weeks ago. What kind of stupid policies are those?

Ive got state farm and was quoted about 2600 a year... Do i need to pry at them a little more or what? 22, clean record, no tickets ect.. Cause right now im liability only and I gotta say my prayers everytime I leave the drive.

+1 state farm, $450 a year full coverage,w ill be 35 this august, 300k/500k/150k coverage plus uninsured motorist.

boris 20, is the busa your only vehicle you are insuring? if so the policy changes from a leisure vehicle to primary mode of transportation which will change the rates. alos if you didn't know your credit score also plays into insurance pricing.

I live in North Wisconsin 36 no tickets/375$ year 2002 with progressive its a lot better then i paid in Chicago which was 1000$/year. but still more then my 2004 Suburban 310$ year ? LOL go figure!

Was 1440/year, now it's 1320/year. Went down from 120/month to 110/month when I turned 21. My record isn't the greatest, but as of right now I only have 1 point against me. I'm just waitin for that magical 25y/o.

Everything I had was at Farmers, house, cars, bikes. My Road King was $275 a year. Farmers would not insure my Busa, but would write it with Formost (Farmers owns Formost) Quote came back at $2700.

Put it by itself with State Farm for a year. I recently moved all the cars and the wifes bike to State Farm. I'm now paying about $14.75 a month since it is on the Mutual policy even though I'm not getting a discount for having the house written with them.

+1... Did the same thing a couple years back went from Farmers to Statefarm! Full coverage on three bikes is roughly $52 a month (2 Busa's and 1 HD).

Went to a State Farm Agent today to get a quote on the BUSA well it seems they can't even give me a quote. First thing I have a 18 year old daughter who only has had her license for 28 months, which for some reason they say has to have had them for 36 months minimum before they can give me insurance on the bike ( Company policy?) My daughter is'nt going to drive the BUSA do they think I would be that stupid?. Or 2 I have to switch some of my other insurance over to them, Only problem I just renewed my other insuance a few weeks ago. What kind of stupid policies are those?

That's strange cause one of my daughters would have been around that same age when I moved my policy to them...

Mine is with State Farm for $48 a month, full coverage. I recently got married and turned 25, and we have the house, her car, and my truck with them as well. Oh yeah, my record is clean too...

Last edited:
Had houses and autos with State Farm for over 20 years, but always found I could do my bikes cheaper elsewhere. Not with the Busa. Progressive was crap for coverage and it was obscenely expensive too. Read here on the oRg about State Farm for the Busa, and, yep, got my house, cars, truck, and Busa all on one policy.

State Farm has been very good to us on motorcycle insurance. Right now in TX we pay $41 a month for full coverage, extra limits, UM and all that jazz on the 05 Busa LE.

They do not have any of our other policies as embarrassingly my driving record is kind of colorful in the past couple of years. I have had a lead foot a few wrecks, so the only insurance agency that I can get to insure me is Progressive. Yes, even SafeAuto denied me auto coverage. :laugh:

To give you an idea how much insurance varies by state, when we were stationed in Virgina (home address was in Virginia Beach). The Busa was insured with State Farm and the premium was right at $30 a month!

Rates depend on a lot of things, the State you live in and what conditions and coverage limits are in the policy. The coverage can vary widely from one policy to the next, one has to check out the details.

I am with Allstate, after shopping around with just about everyone. My Husky Dirt bike is fully insured for $480 a year, $1million personal accident, $500,000 disability $250 deductable (LOL for a dirt bike) $1 million liability, full theft etc.

For the 09 Busa, they want $1,850 a year, no way, so I just have liability. If I drop it I pay.

Anyone else in AR, what are you paying and with who?

Back