Insurance help needed!

You have some awesome toys. I would give my left nut to take a ride in one of those cats!:laugh:

holy **** bro you have some sweet sweet toys. and here I am tryin to save for my first busa. must be nice. im sure you have worked hard for it. good for you. you are one of the lucky ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

Them is some fine toys you got there, :thumbsup:

Dang son! You got some seriously nice toys. I'm sure you've worked hard to get to the point you're at to be able to afford all that. Sure as hell wish I could! But oh well, maybe one day. . . I doubt it haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

Friend of mine in Italy had a Lambo. He used to race midgets before he got rich, and he drove it thru small Italian villages like he was racing.

The car was very "gutteral", not really smooth at all. Felt like the V12, right behind us, was rigidly bolted in w/o rubber mounts. When he got on it (often), it felt like the engine wanted to climb up front with us. Given the $$$$ for one of these, I was surprised it was so harsh. My 700 HP 427 '69 Vette was far smoother--didn't look as good tho.

And I bet your vette goes straight really well too. . . Don't get me wrong, I LOVE vettes, but that Murcaelago can not only go straight fast, but can also corner extremely fast. It's wide, low, and has racing suspension. Have you ever driven a race car? They're not very smooth. . . However, I've never driven a $320,000 Lambo either, so I don't know, they may have made some upgrades since the older ones, like the one you rode in.

:idea:... O.K. here me out MY FRIEND... If you let us come play with your toys, we'll let you ride our busa's with the cheap insurance....:drooling3:

just eat the 3600 dollars. By the looks of it you can afford it.

Really now? How would you like to be penalized because you have more money then someone else beside you? He should be treated to the same rates as any other driver in his insurable category. Why should he have to pay more just because?

Looks like you need a bigger place with a very large garage:laugh: Sweet toys. State Farm here $760 a year but I also have truck, hummer, and house thru them too.
I tried to have the MULLET insured for ( appraized for $25K ) but they said no. Keep all reciept and pics of work on bike..and all will be taken care of if something happens. THey stood behind that years ago when the 750 was stolen.

just eat the 3600 dollars. By the looks of it you can afford it.

Whether I could afford it or not, who wants to get screwed. Having all this crap is expensive and I work very hard to have my lifestyle. Every time I had an insurance issue in the past it never worked out in my favor. Kind of like the police, if your speeding they are there. If you have a problem and call them.. Good luck!!

I have State Farm and I searched around and SF seem to be the best price.
At the highest, I paid around $30 a month.
Now that the bike is 10 years old, I pay about $13 a month.
Go with what ever company you have for home owners, renters, car insurance.
You will get a price break.

+1 for using the same ins co. that you have everything else insured with.
I too have State Farm. 5 bikes full coverage and not one of them is more than $325 a year.

Whether I could afford it or not, who wants to get screwed. Having all this crap is expensive and I work very hard to have my lifestyle. Every time I had an insurance issue in the past it never worked out in my favor. Kind of like the police, if your speeding they are there. If you have a problem and call them.. Good luck!!

I agree with you man. I probably won't ever have the problem you're having because the chances that I'll ever have that kind of money is pretty dang small. However, that post you made up above about the insurance rates you pay is outragious! It's hard for me to believe that it's that way especially since you haven't had any claims filed, (or at least in a really long time). Just because you have the money you shouldn't be treated differently. I hate to hear that they're doin you like that, but as a lot of others have said, I'd try state farm. They were by far the least expensive around here when I was shoppin for it. 1200/ year for full coverage on mine. When I got the busa I was 20 years old and had a not so good driving record. Someone else quoted me 3800/year. I'd give em a shout. But as others have also said, I don't know what the results will be since you want 25,000 in coverage. That might be why they're wanting so much.

Also look at Liberty Mutual. I got a great rate with them. Not as good as State Farm but they forgive a ticket or 2.

+1 you hiring bro?

And I bet your vette goes straight really well too. . . Don't get me wrong, I LOVE vettes, but that Murcaelago can not only go straight fast, but can also corner extremely fast. It's wide, low, and has racing suspension. Have you ever driven a race car? They're not very smooth. . . However, I've never driven a $320,000 Lambo either, so I don't know, they may have made some upgrades since the older ones, like the one you rode in.

Never driven a race car that would corner, but a long time ago I had a funny car that had the engine bolted solidly to the frame and it shook the hell out of everything.

I was just surprised at how harsh that Lambo was, considering it is still a street car. Makes me wonder how harsh some Ferraris are--BTW, Mr. Lambo used to work for Enzo, and left to start his own company, telling Enzo he would build a better car.

I was so tempted to take my Vette (200 MPH nitroused 440 cu. in. bored 427, roller cam and rockers-gear driven, Doug Nash 5 speed with much better bearings [NASCAR max. fill type], 2.72 rear) over to northern Italy when I was assigned there for 6+ years (non-military). But at 12 MPG and gas costing ~$5/gal, I sold it rather than pay to store it.

I had a rear license plate frame that said "Try Again, Porsche Lover".

Back