Installed my t-rex no cut sliders finally

super easy to install.

most difficult part was removing the engine bolts, they didn't want to move initially.

looks nice, how hard was the install, minus fairing removal, i was thinking about getting some

The install was so easy i think my 3 yr old could have done it :laugh: you literally just remove 2 engine mount bolts and the pinch bolt on the right side... Install brackets with new bolts screw rod in place reinstall fairings then screw the sliders right into the brackets part that took longest was the fairing removal. They come with instructions(awful quality photos in instructions though lol) give you the proper ft lbs to torque all the new bolts to...

It was my first time removing fairings and first time ever installing sliders and im no mechanic so i would say incredibly easy install!! :thumbsup:

The install was so easy i think my 3 yr old could have done it :laugh: you literally just remove 2 engine mount bolts and the pinch bolt on the right side... Install brackets with new bolts screw rod in place reinstall fairings then screw the sliders right into the brackets part that took longest was the fairing removal. They come with instructions(awful quality photos in instructions though lol) give you the proper ft lbs to torque all the new bolts to...

It was my first time removing fairings and first time ever installing sliders and im no mechanic so i would say incredibly easy install!! :thumbsup:

nice, i've taken fairings off before so should be simple, thanks, looks good

nice, i've taken fairings off before so should be simple, thanks, looks good

Well there you go you got the hardest part down its a breeze from there.... Helps if you have a stand dont know if you have one but i couldnt imagine trying to torque those bolts while its on the kick stand! And squeezing your fingers in there to insert the rod!

Well if your gonna try it good luck to you and of course post up some pics. When you go to do it if you need help shoot me a PM i would be more then willing to lend as much help as i could but doubt you will need it :thumbsup:

don't have a stand yet, but may get one of them too....god if my wife only knew how much ive spent on this thing!!..lol...thanks for help, ill let u know

Well if I had of gotten around to getting these like I had planned I could have tested them out. I had my first drop/tip over ever in 20 something years of riding and of course dumbo here didn't have sliders on the Gen II. Wasn't really a drop, it was a uh-oh I know its going over and that's that so let's hold it and eaze this beast on it's side. I guess I felt that this time they were a waste of money since I've always bought them and never needed them LOL. OH well, I had very minimal damage.

The REAL issue was picking the damn thing up with a full tank of gas!!! I've picked up some big bikes for people in the past by myself, but I just could not get this thing up. Someone had to come help me which was embarassing. SO I'm thinking about getting these now. I don't want to cut my fairings like I had to do on my old busa. I now have an excuse to get rid of the big gigantor stock cans :cheerleader:

Well if I had of gotten around to getting these like I had planned I could have tested them out. I had my first drop/tip over ever in 20 something years of riding and of course dumbo here didn't have sliders on the Gen II. Wasn't really a drop, it was a uh-oh I know its going over and that's that so let's hold it and eaze this beast on it's side. I guess I felt that this time they were a waste of money since I've always bought them and never needed them LOL. OH well, I had very minimal damage.

The REAL issue was picking the damn thing up with a full tank of gas!!! I've picked up some big bikes for people in the past by myself, but I just could not get this thing up. Someone had to come help me which was embarassing. SO I'm thinking about getting these now. I don't want to cut my fairings like I had to do on my old busa. I now have an excuse to get rid of the big gigantor stock cans :cheerleader:

Same thing happened to me which is now why i have the sliders!!! :laugh: luckily in a small way when i had lowsided her coming home from work one night i was fortunate enough for it to be on same side as the first drop so when she got fixed up he looks all new again!!! So i said to myself you better get some sliders on this thing!!

Installed mine yesterday, very easy and logical. High quality brackets, good instructions... I'm very pleased! The aluminum spacers look great against my mostly silver fairings, couldn't ask for better.

Honestly, a great kit for the price, and comes with the peace of mind of not having no-quality Chinese "metal" protecting my valuable frame and expensive plastics (like a friend of mine has with the knock-off $9.00 eBay kit he put on his CBR600RR). :thumbsup:

6776490761_0194647cfd_b.jpg

Last edited:
These have been on the list of mods for awhile. :thumbsup:

Thread bump is good reminder.

yep I had the same ones on my 2011 bike, easy install, looks good. And I even got to try them out. Not sure how well they performed, I think the damage would have happened with cut or no cut sliders. Witness's say they bike barrel rolled once. The brackets held fine but the aluminum bars did bend.

DSCN4228.jpg

DSCN4231.jpg

DSCN4232.jpg

I have the same bike and installed the frame and fork sliders. I took blanca's advice I read on another thread and used rustoleum black paint to paint them black. Since I was already at lowe's, I grabbed 2 gutter screen pieces for $1.50 each and made my own fairing screens and painted them black also. I'm pretty happy with the results. Just my 2 cents!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327976907.644075.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327977024.594244.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327977083.083575.jpg

Back