T-Rex Sliders

det45

Registered
I installed a set of T-Rex sliders on my Gen 2. Can anyone tell me from experience if they really work? They appear to be a little short for my taste but look good on my bike though......det45 :thumbsup:

On my Gen I the answer is yes they work. Only cosmetic damage. Hit a deer at 45 mph and slid 115 feet.

Bike Crash 005.jpg

both mine are about the same length, the throttle side slider might be about 1/4" longer but it's not much. Really glad i went with the trexes and didn't hack into my fairings, they look good powdercoated black also

On my Gen I the answer is yes they work. Only cosmetic damage. Hit a deer at 45 mph and slid 115 feet.

I'm glad you posted on this thread...a picture really paints a thousand words. In fact, I saved this pic and links to old threads where you have posted.

I keep it handy to since every time I see a thread about T-Rex NO-CUT sliders, someone always chimes in that these are no good. Most of those posters probably do NOT even have firsthand experience with these sliders.

P.S. Yes, I have them and have also crash-tested them :whistle:

Thanks kromdom. They are inexpensive insurance compared to the damage that would result without them. They saved my handlebars and all controls also.

Get them long! I thought mine looked short and they were. Somebody bumped my bike while parked and still did quite a bit of damage.

Look at what happened. Scroll a bit up to see the damage. After going to thread.
bike damage

Back