Oil Change

det45

Registered
Took my Gen 2 Busa to the dealer to have them install my T-Rex sliders and the dude told me he could change the oil filter without removing the fairing. That should be interesting if the bike is hot after the ride? Nonetheless he removed the fairings to install the sliders. Took him 1.8 Hrs to change the oil, install the sliders, and adjust the chain. $167.00 out the door.

I installed my T-Rex sliders and changed my oil at the same time about 4 or 5 days ago. $0.00 out the door. :laugh:

After dealing with the fairings, I would probably have paid to have it done, but $160+ seems excessive; plus it was a good leaning experience as I plan to get a Brock's AH as soon as my Uncle Sam gives me my allownce. :thumbsup:

if the work was done right? sounds like a fair deal to me... I would have charged that much to hang the sliders on at 1 hour per side..

A few bucks spent to make sure the guy is happy to see you next time ? priceless :)

I changed oil without removing the fairing. Remove the bottom bolts, and twist, bend, pull, repeat, ect. It's a pain, but it can be done, I think it's faster to just remove the fairing.

if the work was done right? sounds like a fair deal to me... I would have charged that much to hang the sliders on at 1 hour per side..

A few bucks spent to make sure the guy is happy to see you next time ? priceless :)

That's a great deal. $90 / hr. around here.

I work full time and go to school full time, don't have much time. Normally I would have done it myself though.

I installed my T-Rex sliders and changed my oil at the same time about 4 or 5 days ago. $0.00 out the door. :laugh:

After dealing with the fairings, I would probably have paid to have it done, but $160+ seems excessive; plus it was a good leaning experience as I plan to get a Brock's AH as soon as my Uncle Sam gives me my allownce. :thumbsup:

It is kind of a challenge the first time taking the fairings off to change the oil. I was pretty careful to not crack or break anything and it took me a while. It was a good learning experience. The next time taking them off and putting them back on was much easier. If you do not have the time, it is best to pay a professional as the price of breaking or cracking the fairing is costly.

I take my 'Busa to a mechanic and he charges me 45.00 to do the oil, tighten the chain, and to lube it. At the same time he allows me to watch him work and even gives me pointers on what to do when I do work on the bike on my own. I don't take my bike to any dealer here in Az. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them and have heard of even worse horror stories.

I changed oil without removing the fairing. Remove the bottom bolts, and twist, bend, pull, repeat, ect. It's a pain, but it can be done, I think it's faster to just remove the fairing.

I can be done is right........ and make a big'ol mess too. :banghead:

But once you take it off it gets easyer the next time.

Back