Installed Brocks CT exhaust

PinballKen

Registered
2019 Just install a Brocks CT exhaust and left side pipes are almost touching oil pan. Have sent Brocks an email also with pictures have not got any reply very sad after spending almost 2 grand. I just want to know how bad this is for the oil and pan it self. Or is it ok like this has anyone else had this problem?

20210317_233905.jpg

20210317_233849 (2).jpg

20210317_233939.jpg

I see this is your first post, welcome....

I have never heard of anyone having this issue and although it won't cause any great problem with a light contact it will resonate vibration through the bike.

It definitely should not be touching the oil pan.

That is really close but I don't think it will cause any harm other than maybe some chatter marks between the oil pan and the pipe. I don't think there will be a problem with heat transfer. I have no problems with my Tsukigi. It was very close in the same spot but I don't think quite as close as yours.
Lfrnt.crnr.oilpan.jpg

It probably does add some heat to the oil but I doubt very much. My engine temp didn't seem to increase after installing my full system. I think the temp gauge read about the same before and after and I don't notice the fan coming on....matter of fact, I don't recall ever hearing the fan when I shut the bike down. It always has run about halfway or less and I have rarely seen it hotter than that. The oil cooler must be pretty effective. Two different bikes I know but just for comparison, my ZX-14 feels noticeably hotter and the temp gauge can go to 5 out of six bars at times. The ZX-14 oil cooler doesn't have it's own radiator like the busa. The ZX-14 oil lasts about 2500 miles like the busa but it is black by the time I change it. The busa's oil darkens but I can see through it even at the point I'm about to change it.

Akrapovich is the only other one I'd consider but I'd prefer Brocks even if it does almost touch. I'll bet they all have very little clearance. Hopefully tere will be a few more people here who will chime in.
New full akra system and it's a bee's appendage close to the sump also

My full Yosh system is close but fits perfectly as a Yoshimura normally does....

I've always had Yosh exhausts on my Suzuki except for my 1200 Bandit of which I had a Ti Hindle system on that...

I don't think this is a problem at all. The oil circulates in an engine that is a lot hotter than that so the heat it will pick up from the exhaust through an aluminum oil pan is negligible IMHO. You could make a bracket to keep it away from the engine, with the risk of stressing the pipe or burning the fairings. A simple peace-of-mind fix might be to heat tape that section. I don't think you can see this with the fairings on.

I don't think this is a problem at all. The oil circulates in an engine that is a lot hotter than that so the heat it will pick up from the exhaust through an aluminum oil pan is negligible IMHO. You could make a bracket to keep it away from the engine, with the risk of stressing the pipe or burning the fairings. A simple peace-of-mind fix might be to heat tape that section. I don't think you can see this with the fairings on.
That's a good point. I'd rather have the exhaust closer to the oil pan instead of the fairings. The concern i would have is any long term effect of the exhaust moving up and down rubbing the oil pan.

That's a good point. I'd rather have the exhaust closer to the oil pan instead of the fairings. The concern i would have is any long term effect of the exhaust moving up and down rubbing the oil pan.
Yeah, but there is little chance of anything more than cosmetic damage IMHO.

Back