Acessing oil filter with Brocks installed

ffllyyjjettss

Registered
Hey all, Back to report ZERO issues on the 08' so far and just cracked a hard riding, fast paced 14k miles. This bike is so much friggin fun to ride.
ANYWAY, HERE IS A MIND BOGGLING PROBLEM I AM HAVING................I INSTALLED THE BROCKS FULL HEADER EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH THE ALIENHEAD TIP WHEN THE ODOMETER HIT 12K. I AM READY TO DO AN OIL/FILTER CHANGE AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THE F#%& YOU ARE TO REMOVE THE OIL FILTER???????????? THE HEADER PIPES ARE TOTALLY BLOCKING ALL ACCESS FOR REMOVING IT. PLEASE DON'T EVEN TELL ME I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REMOVE THE HEADER FROM THE HEAD, THIS REQUIRES TOTAL FAIRING AND RADIATOR BRACKET REMOVAL, I MUST BE MISSING THE OBVIOUS, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.....

Re: Report your 08/09 Busa Issues here.

Hey all, Back to report ZERO issues on the 08' so far and just cracked a hard riding, fast paced 14k miles. This bike is so much friggin fun to ride.
ANYWAY, HERE IS A MIND BOGGLING PROBLEM I AM HAVING................I INSTALLED THE BROCKS FULL HEADER EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH THE ALIENHEAD TIP WHEN THE ODOMETER HIT 12K. I AM READY TO DO AN OIL/FILTER CHANGE AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THE F#%& YOU ARE TO REMOVE THE OIL FILTER???????????? THE HEADER PIPES ARE TOTALLY BLOCKING ALL ACCESS FOR REMOVING IT. PLEASE DON'T EVEN TELL ME I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REMOVE THE HEADER FROM THE HEAD, THIS REQUIRES TOTAL FAIRING AND RADIATOR BRACKET REMOVAL, I MUST BE MISSING THE OBVIOUS, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.....

You'll have to remove the oil cooler line from the block. Remove the two socket head cap screws and you're good to go. Just be careful of the o-ring.

Buy this Oil Filter Relocator, Suzuki Hayabusa - Exoticycle   Schnitz Motorsports Inc money well spent, and you'll never have to fight to get your filter off again. After you take the oil line off a couple times it'll start to leak...or it'll strip, or crack, or you won't get it tight enough etc.....pita. Get the relocator and be done with it :thumbsup:

Buy this Oil Filter Relocator, Suzuki Hayabusa - Exoticycle * Schnitz Motorsports Inc money well spent, and you'll never have to fight to get your filter off again. After you take the oil line off a couple times it'll start to leak...or it'll strip, or crack, or you won't get it tight enough etc.....pita. Get the relocator and be done with it :thumbsup:

Sorry, don't think it will help. It may give you more clearance at the front of the block but you still have to get the filter out from in between the header and the block. The Brocks' head pipes don't give you enough clearance to get the filter out thru the front so the only way to get it out is take it out thru the side-once the oil line is removed.

How are you guys trying to take the filter out...? ???

It comes out the side without an issue; you just have to rotate the filter into the right direction/angle to slip it out... ;)

Back