oil filter removal with brocks installed

hemi

Registered
how many of u remove the oil cooler line to get the filter out with a full system brocks installed? Only done one oil change so far and tried to get it past the cooler, after loosening the mounting brackets, and it was such a tight fit i ended up removing the oil line anyway. Obviously it's much easier to pull the oil cooler line to get the filter out, any negative's to doing this though? Only thing i can think is the o-ring wearing out and leaking after a while.

how many of u remove the oil cooler line to get the filter out with a full system brocks installed? Only done one oil change so far and tried to get it past the cooler, after loosening the mounting brackets, and it was such a tight fit i ended up removing the oil line anyway. Obviously it's much easier to pull the oil cooler line to get the filter out, any negative's to doing this though? Only thing i can think is the o-ring wearing out and leaking after a while.

That happens with a lot of pipes . . . it is okay to take the line off, just don't lose the oring!:whistle:

blanca, very funny but no, my sort term memory is just fine:laugh:. Still have your vid clip saved on my computer for my next oil change when i get frustrated trying to get the filter out. I still just think it would be easier to pop the line off real quick. Gettin ready to do the change soon for the winter storage, we'll see how it goes, gonna try your way and see if i can slip it out. I just don't like doin it that way bc it's such a tight fit and it's damn near impossible not to smash the fins on the cooler up real good

Back