Oil Cooler Line

Z-Faucon

Registered
Since I put on the Yosh R77 full system the header pipes are a tighter fit closer to the engine. This makes it impossible for me to get the oil filter out. The only way that I can get the job done is to pull off the lower oil cooler line from the block. I wonder if anyone is offering an aftermarket line to make it easier to pull out the oil filter ?

This has been asked several times, do a search... Take the lower oil cooler bracket off the cooler and slide the filter out between the center headers where the bracket is. Works great.
beerchug.gif

Liquidysplit, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about the cooler bracket cause I read it b/4. But I was just fishing to see if there was an oil cooler line alternate that would just make it all easier. I bet one might sell a few of those.
beerchug.gif

Just remove the lower line. Use a little film of grease when installing.

r8

117_1730paint05.JPG

This has been asked several times, do a search... Take the lower oil cooler bracket off the cooler and slide the filter out between the center headers where the bracket is. Works great.
beerchug.gif
+1 It's a lot easier to loosen the oil cooler bracket and if you keep taking that line off every time you change the oil you're gonna end up with a leak sooner or later. Give it a try.

Gentlemen, it really is completely unnecessary to disassemble any components just to R/R the oil filter.

True, with the R-77 4-2-1 system, there is indeed a pinch *less* clearance that with stock headers, HOWEVER, there is a specific method in orientating the filter such that it slips out just fine. You do have to spin it around a little bit (sorta like manipulating a Rubik's Cube), but it sure beats removing an oil line.

I even took a series of photos to show how this is done, but never got around to posting them. I'll try to dig them up tonight after work...  
thumb_up.gif

Gentlemen, it really is completely unnecessary to disassemble any components just to R/R the oil filter.

True, with the R-77 4-2-1 system, there is indeed a pinch *less* clearance that with stock headers, HOWEVER, there is a specific method in orientating the filter such that it slips out just fine. You do have to spin it around a little bit (sorta like manipulating a Rubik's Cube), but it sure beats removing an oil line.

I even took a series of photos to show how this is done, but never got around to posting them. I'll try to dig them up tonight after work...
thumb_up.gif
I have the full R77 and if there is a way to get the filter out without loosening the cooler bracket then....

Mine are wraped up. I have to take the line off. But I bought a pack of seels to last 100K. Know I leak check before I put the fairing back on. Not a big deal for me. I had a habit of not doing a good leak check with the fairing installed.
beerchug.gif

Back