I'm thinking of a Busa...

Ruben Scouse

Registered
I have had two VFR's (800FI and the VTEC) and I loved them to bits. They were just what I wanted out of a bike and did everthing I wanted / asked of them. I toured around europe of the VTEC and covered 3400 miles in 7 days, it was an awesome trip. I used them to commute to work all year round and do approx 25,000 miles a year so i'm not exactly a novice rider but i'm not Rossi either.

Anyway.... down to business. I just want a change now and I must admit, I have fallen for the Busa. It looks fantastic and ticks all my boxes but I just wandered what the running costs would be compared to the VFR.

Whats the fuel economy like? Whats the tank range? Whats it like on tyres? That sort o' stuff.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated..!

Last edited:
:welcome: Glad to have you on the org. The busa does everything well. It is a fun bike to ride and the performance is outstanding. That said, I get on average 40 miles per gallon. Maint. is no worse than most bikes with the exception of tires. Some owners get as low as 2500 miles on a rear tire. Some owners will sacrifice some performance and go with a touring tire and get additional milage, but if you want a good performing tire, 3000-4000 would be the norm.

Mileage and tire usage are determined by your throttle hand. Ride it hard and you will get MPG in the thirties and tires will last under 3,000 miles. Take it easy on acceleration and you can easily get MPG in the forties and some members here get 7,000 to 8,000 miles on a rear tire.

I have had two VFR's (800FI and the VTEC) and I loved them to bits. They were just what I wanted out of a bike and did everthing I wanted / asked of them. I toured around europe of the VTEC and covered 3400 miles in 7 days, it was an awesome trip. I used them to commute to work all year round and do approx 25,000 miles a year so i'm not exactly a novice rider but i'm not Rossi either.

Anyway.... down to business. I just want a change now and I must admit, I have fallen for the Busa. It looks fantastic and ticks all my boxes but I just wandered what the running costs would be compared to the VFR.

Whats the fuel economy like? Whats the tank range? Whats it like on tyres? That sort o' stuff.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated..!

MY 1ST BIKE WAS A VFR800,TRADED THAT IN FOR A CBRXX,SOLD THAT AND BOUGHT A 08 BUSA.BUSA IS THE BEST BIKE I HAVE OWNED SO FAR!MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE POOR GAS MILEAGE:banghead:.BOTH OF MY HONDAS GOT WAY BETTER GAS MILEAGE.WITH THE HONDAS I FILLED UP ONCE A WEEK,WITH THE BUSA TWICE A WEEK.STOCK TIRES ARE JUST OK IMO,I PLAN TO UPGRADE THEM WHEN THEY WEAR OUT.ALSO YOUR INSURANCE WILL GO UP AND YOU WILL GO BROKE BUYING CUSTOM PARTS:whistle:.I CANT STOP BUYING STUFF FOR MY BIKE!ANYWAY BUY DA BIKE AND:welcome:

:welcome: to the org! I've ridden' a VFR and can tell ya first off that the busa doesn't get quite as hot on a summer day in traffic (radiator is actually in front of the bike). :poke:

As far as gas mileage and tire mileage goes, that depends quite a bit on how you ride, how many mods the bike has, etc, etc. I have an 08, and I usually get 46-49 MPG, so going 200 miles on a tank is not too big of a deal (5.5 gal tank). I'm still on the OEM rear tire at 5600 miles, and still have a ways to go before needing a rear (Bridgestone BT-015s). Most of my riding is commuting type riding (interstate, etc). I seriously doubt the maintenace costs will be that much different than your VFR. The busa does have a bit more of a "sportbike" riding stance, so you may notice a change in comfort on the longer rides. What year/model busa are you lookin' at?

D

Last edited:
:welcome: to the org! I've ridden' a VFR and can tell ya first off that the busa doesn't get quite as hot on a summer day in traffic (radiator is actually in front of the bike). :poke:

As far as gas mileage and tire mileage goes, that depends quite a bit on how you ride, how many mods the bike has, etc, etc. I have an 08, and I usually get 46-49 MPG, so going 200 miles on a tank is not too big of a deal (5.5 gal tank). I'm still on the OEM rear tire at 5600 miles, and still have a ways to go before needing a rear (Bridgestone BT-015s). Most of my riding is commuting type riding (interstate, etc). I seriously doubt the maintenace costs will be that much different than your VFR. The busa does have a bit more of a "sportbike" riding stance, so you may notice a change in comfort on the longer rides. What year/model busa are you lookin' at?

D

Thanks for the info..!

I'm looking at an 07, or possibly an 08 if I can. I'm selling my 08 Audi A4 and investing in a Busa n' a small family car so I'll have to see what I get for the car.

Thanks for all the welcomes n' info. It's much appreciated.

OMG.... I can't wait to get out there.

I gave up riding a couple of years ago after loosing a very close family friend in a M/C accident. It was more for my kids sake than anything, they begged me not to ride again.

Me and Mrs Scouse have since seperated and I now live in one of the most picturesque parts of Wales (Llangollen) and the roads around there are just awesome..!!!

The summer has arrived and the sun has started to come out and I am just itching to get back in the saddle.

I plan to use the bike to commute (120 mile round trip a day) when the weather permits and use the car in winter.

Anyway... thaks once again..!

Well, the nice thing about an 07 is you can burn 87 octane gas in it. :thumbsup: I commute about 105 miles a day on my busa; no biggie. Keep us posted and best of luck.

D

:welcome: to the oRg. On a stock Gen I you can get all over 50 MPG. It really does well around 4K RPMs. You're not really buying a Busa for fuel economy are ya :laugh:

Back