IM HOME NOW

Creekboy

Registered
WOW I come back and didn't expect to see this much...Im without words at this moment, actually a tear or too in my eyes....geeezz I need to pause for a moment folks sorry........Its been a very tuff week for me emotionally spiritually and physically. My grandmother was the best of the best! When I was growing up I spent alot of time with my grandparents, they literally raised me. My grandmother loved everyone you know the typical have breakfast at the break of dawn, lunch right at noon, and times I even seen her ring the bell for dinner...those where the days I remember so much the good times and really times that were bad but good, you know when you get in trouble and there's a weeping willow with long switches that leave marks on the legs....man I would take them again she always taught me to do right and respect people and most of all the way God wants us to live. She loved to work in the garden and I use to help her can beans, tomatoes, and all sorts of goodies. I think one of my most memoriable moments was watching her make quilts for the winter, I use to get a needle and thread and she would show me how to quilt with her and spend hours just talking about the old days when she grew up, she use to tell me about hard times in the depression, and how people need to learn how to survive in hard times. My grandmother Emiley was involved in a car accident last year with another grandchild and got really messed up, she never recouped from the injuries. I noticed at Christmas she was going down fast and I knew I only had a short season with her, so I made the best of it, we laughed hugged, cried, but most of all she knew I loved her and she loved me.....My grandmother was raised on the Cherokee reservation when she was a child and was bought from my grandfather for three horses and a sack of coal....lol she use to tell me about this all the time,which my grandfather has been deceased for 11 years.
My grandmother was a very spiritual person, and our last conversation we had she told me that she was going home soon, and that she had many friends, loved ones waiting for her, and now she yearned to go home, and told me that one day I too would see her again, Let me say this in closing hold those you love dearly close to your heart, spend as much time as you can with them, even if its just a phone call or visit, let them know how much you appreciate them for all they have done, and most of all let them know you love them, the memories I have with her are priceless and I shall aways cherish each and every moment I had with her. Thanks to this board and all the members for your concerns, prayers and just having me and my family in your thoughts, I thank you all from my family to yours, in closing her was the last picture we had taken at Christmas of us together, I love you Miss Emiley.....forever and a day

emb.jpg

Mick -
Sorry that you had o go through this, but it sounds like she was looking ofrward to the trip, unafraid. She's is a good place. Welcome home.

My eyes are leaking... she sounds like a beautiful lady. And will be a great angel to watch over you. You are a lucky one.

Welcome back.

She sounds a lot like my Grandmother, aka Granny. And I couldn't agree more about holding loved ones close and making all the good memories you can. Took Granny out for Pizza just last night. Good times! It's memories like those that ease the hurt when our loved ones pass on. The memories and the fact that we will see them again someday.
wink.gif
I'll still keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's tough for you right now.

Sounds and looks like a great lady, Mick! Time heals and you have to believe she is in a better place now.

Welcome back Mick.... She definitely sounds like a very awesome lady... I'll keep you in my prayers bro....

Sounds alot like my Great Grandmother and Grandmother. They are really special people. You will always have all the great stories and memories that she has given you Mick. Sounds like she was a really special person.

Welcome back.

She IS in a GREAT place now ! And she IS watching over you! Glad you had the time to spend with her ! I did the same thing 2 years ago . Grandmas are a gift !

Mick, it sounds like we have a lot of the same kind of memories. I lived with my grandparents for 5 years while going through high school. She was Cherokee as well from the Oklahoma reservations. She left me 25 years ago and I still think of her often. Keep her memory close to your heart and look forward to the time you see her again. I can tell you from experience though that she's still there and keeping an eye on you. Mine does, I see it and feel it quite often. Glad you're back.

Dan

Back