My three year old's innocence

I feel for you man, I did have joint custodey with my daughters mother. I would have her a week and she would have her a week. Her and her BF would fight all the time and my daughter would have to deal with it. I always wanted full custody but I was afraid if I went to court they would take my joint custody away. She stayed at my house and I would drive in before work and drop her at her mothers house then drive out after work and pick her up. Now that I used patience and waited for her to get old enough to see what her mother is really like. Just about a month ago she came to me and wanted to live with me. I talked to her about it etc and told her there would be no flip flopping from house to house and where she was going to school. She was sure she wanted to do it and her mother didnt fight it. Now she lives with me and her mother (even though she doesnt really work full time) will not bring her back and forth. She pretty much lives with me all the time. I love it and I love spending every night with her. Like you I feel bad sometimes about being a hard ass about certain things but in the long run hopefully they will turn out to be well adjusted normal young adults.

. Like you I feel bad sometimes about being a hard ass about certain things but in the long run hopefully they will turn out to be well adjusted normal young adults.
Thats why we do what we do. I believe it's worth it in the end. Someone was man enough to raise me, the least I can do is repeat the lessons I was taught to someone else. Not like I'm Father Of The Year or anything,but I treat both the boys equally, to me they're both my sons.

Oh, that's soooo cute...
smile.gif

I'd be upset too, but then you see those big eyes and just fall to pieces...

I think you should take pics of the artwork so we can all enjoy it!
biggrin.gif

At 23 1/2 years old (almost 2 yrs ago), this was me doing my "artistic painting" on my new room...this is how my room looks now.

Hmm...I guess we all go through that stage no matter the age?!?!?!
smile.gif

5c89.jpg

I feel for you man, I did have joint custodey with my daughters mother. I would have her a week and she would have her a week. Her and her BF would fight all the time and my daughter would have to deal with it. I always wanted full custody but I was afraid if I went to court they would take my joint custody away. She stayed at my house and I would drive in before work and drop her at her mothers house then drive out after work and pick her up. Now that I used patience and waited for her to get old enough to see what her mother is really like. Just about a month ago she came to me and wanted to live with me. I talked to her about it etc and told her there would be no flip flopping from house to house and where she was going to school. She was sure she wanted to do it and her mother didnt fight it. Now she lives with me and her mother (even though she doesnt really work full time) will not bring her back and forth. She pretty much lives with me all the time. I love it and I love spending every night with her. Like you I feel bad sometimes about being a hard ass about certain things but in the long run hopefully they will turn out to be well adjusted normal young adults.
Boy, I got goose bumps reading that. I'm happy for you. That's really just fantastic. How could things even be any better than that?
thumbs-up.gif

Hey Smily, will come paint at our place.
tounge.gif

That's awesome. My wife would go nuts...I'll have to show her this...:)

Definitely a nice paint job. All good stories everyone. I really haven't had to go through too much trouble with my 2 year old boy. Guess I'm lucky, or it's just all going to come out at once. Hopefully I'm just lucky.

Makinzi is a really cool name, btw. Where did it come from?
We picked out Allie Jo and Makinzi Lee for names for our girls when Lori was pregnant with our the middle one, which turned out to be Allie. She just looked like an Allie. When Kinz came along we knew we wanted to name her Makinzi, but we weren't sure on the spelling. We didn't want Makenzie, McKenzie, etc...so we spelled it Makinzi. Thanks for the compliment, we appreciate it. Kinz says "Hi..." and "thank you."
smile.gif
Too funny.... My daughter is "McKenzie Lee" also. ::):

The paint that turns the wall into a chalkboard works great, we used it at our church in the 4 and 5 year old room and the kids love it, they come in and color on it and then erase it it's great,

Smly that paint jod is cool I love it.

It's pretty funny that we have three Makinzi Lee's running around with just a variation on "Makinzi." Do we all have damn good taste, or what?
tounge.gif

Back