I'm going to kill myself on this thing

dnstommy

Registered
I went for a ride this morning. I was beautiful on Florida today and I was jazzed to get out. I went and found some local roads that I haven't ridden before, but have roads near by. I found a bit of a straight away and what looked to be a slow right bender so I ripped in through 1 and 2. But low and behold when I got the right sweeper it ended up being very tight. I entered the corner at about 85 jamming the brakes standing it straight up sweeping it from the right side of the road to the left hoping to turn it in near the apex, but I was to fast. I leaned it over and squeezed one finger of brake and hoped for the best. As I approached the grass and my future crash I noticed a spot in the median where it had a asphalt crossover for a cross street. I stood the bike up straight, released the brake and off roaded it to the crossover and end up on the other side of the street, going the wrong way, where the corner was a lot longer since it was on the outside of the turn. I was VERY lucky that no one was coming the other way, gift from God. I was able to ride it out and then cross the grass back on the right side of the road. I did have my leather jacket, gloves and helmet on, but only shorts (Genius).

I am lucky and I should stop hauling ass on roads that I haven't ridden before. I have been riding for 13 years and raced amateur for 3 years. I think some of that racing helped me keep the rubber on the road.

You just need a shot of Depo provera to lower your Testosterone levels. Or just tear off
a piece before riding. Great save, but Lady Luck can also be an arch*****. I refuse to die
accidentally on one of my magnificent steeds. I'll do it myself for laffs.

damnit man, did the same thing when a Suzuki semi (of all trucks, I know) pulled out in front of me with a huge ass trailer. I had the bike for 2 days prior to this, and thank God The day before I spent testing my brake's limits...with this done, I knew without a doubt that there was no way to stop in time, and if I tried, I would be a gonner, or live to get coloring books every christmas:whistle:. so I had to ride in the wet grass at an incline for like a quarter mile. once i fought the bike back on pavement, I was far too scared to yell/flip off the idiot, just so happy me and blacky were alright. I now take my friends advice; always have a move already in your head for ANY possible "WTF" situation

i once ran off the road down a 5 foot ditch and back up the other side, across a school lawn and onto the driveway..where i then proceeded to re enter the road and drive slowly all the way home...yeah busa,wet grass, speed, corners that are to sharp...= no fun..but thank god i was ok and so was the bike no lay over...and i was surprised at its off road cabability especially considering its lowered 2 inches and i am on shinko tires...
:thumbsup:

Just ride safe bro...respect the machine.

+1000 on that.
This is a Bike that commands attention and DEMANDS RESPECT. Get to know her and the roads.
Glad it worked out for you.
Ride her safe Bro.
Bubba

Last edited:
not knowing the road prior to opening her up...recipie for disaster

i once ran off the road down a 5 foot ditch and back up the other side, across a school lawn and onto the driveway..where i then proceeded to re enter the road and drive slowly all the way home...yeah busa,wet grass, speed, corners that are to sharp...= no fun..but thank god i was ok and so was the bike no lay over...and i was surprised at its off road cabability especially considering its lowered 2 inches and i am on shinko tires...
:thumbsup:

+3 man! I know it's obviously NOT a good selling point, however these babys:thumbsup: acually do good on wet grass, just hope we never have to test that again, glad your okay.

Thanks all.

I definitely wasn't giving the bike enough respect on that day. I was really pumped to rip off some gear and lay down some rubber. That's a mistake I wont make again.

Easy there big fella, be very very careful, you can go to OMG fast in a split second, takes a little more to slow her down.

Back