I'm a busa owner and I'm addicted to triple digits speeds!

My brother rode it and said he got on the throttle in A-mode and almost sucked out a filling. He also wondered what the other three gears were for. But his ride is a GSX1100G.

Tell him that 1st, 2nd, 3rd, are for riding ... 4th, 5th, 6th, are for going to jail!

This is what I see every time I get on my Busa...
6a00d8341bf67c53ef0133f54560c1970b-800wi.jpg

I used to hate on the busa! My last bike was a ZX12! Then I road a busa and I went from hating and trying to compare to simply making it my mission in life to get one! Lol! I've had the bike for 5 months and I still can't believe how great this bike rides! There is nothing like a busa! She is just a stock Gen 1! I'll have to stay away from the Gen 2 LOL!

I TOTALY hear you !!

I use to go out every morning early, hit I-495 N. drive about 15-20 miles just outside Philly, there were no exits between these 2, so 9 outta 10 times, it was only you. I'd loop around, and hammer it all the way back. I got to where riding under 100mph was BORING !! then I started to ride with a few people from here on back roads (twisty's), and found I had a lot to learn (still do !!). But I started having more fun. I also have just as much fun messing around at very slow speed (parking lot speed) now too. I'm not talking about Drag Racing (very hard to do... right), but almost anyone can go fast in a straight line, and I proved that,LoL. But being in total control (or in my case, kinda close to close, LoL) of your bike in the twisty's is something I hope to achieve some day. Most of the time I'm going no more than 5 mph. over the limit.
I read on here a long time ago about people riding the twisty's, and trying to go through them without using there brakes, and just concentrate on being as smooth as you can, They had a name for it, but can't remember it ??

I TOTALY hear you !!

I use to go out every morning early, hit I-495 N. drive about 15-20 miles just outside Philly, there were no exits between these 2, so 9 outta 10 times, it was only you. I'd loop around, and hammer it all the way back. I got to where riding under 100mph was BORING !! then I started to ride with a few people from here on back roads (twisty's), and found I had a lot to learn (still do !!). But I started having more fun. I also have just as much fun messing around at very slow speed (parking lot speed) now too. I'm not talking about Drag Racing (very hard to do... right), but almost anyone can go fast in a straight line, and I proved that,LoL. But being in total control (or in my case, kinda close to close, LoL) of your bike in the twisty's is something I hope to achieve some day. Most of the time I'm going no more than 5 mph. over the limit.
I read on here a long time ago about people riding the twisty's, and trying to go through them without using there brakes, and just concentrate on being as smooth as you can, They had a name for it, but can't remember it ??

that's ..TOTALLY.. !! I need to read what I'm writting......I'm so busy looking for the darn keys, 1 finger typing, LoL

Yeah, I know the feeling. I went from having & riding Duc's for many years to the Busa a few years back. I'm only home a few times a year and riding is only during two of those trips (early spring and late summer). It's like re-learning things and gaining control of my wrist every time.........

99.9% of the time my wife is with me on the bike as it's "our time" together so keeping things somewhat reasonable can be a bit challenging. She likes the triple digit speeds more than I do :)

I am breaking in mine and just got the 500mi oil change. Been riding it hard but not revving beyond 8000rpms. Decided to run it up to redline last night and I swear the blood started draining from head in 2nd gear at full throttle from the G-Forces as the rpm needle rocketed from 5000rpm to 10,000. Got a bit dizzy for a second. It was either the blood rushing or a pure adrenaline high!

Yes it's hard to keep it under 160kph (100mph) but around here in the province of Québec they make us remember if you forget about it. Where to begin; radar detector are illégal and now they use lazer gun so they can hide everywhere, the motorcycle season is about 6-7 months, if lucky, and the busa is consider to be a ''high-risk vehicle'' so they charge us $1,117.00/year to put a license plate on it (healt insurance included), if you get caught at 100mph in a 60 mph zone (highway) the fine is $1,277.00 for ''excessive speeding offence'' + if it's the first time your driving permit is suspended on the spot for 7 days (second time in a périod of 10 years = 30 days suspension), + 14 demerit points for 2 years so now you have only one left before your driving permit is suspended again for 3 months. Lets vote for Autoban...

Yes it's hard to keep it under 160kph (100mph) but around here in the province of Québec they make us remember if you forget about it. Where to begin; radar detector are illégal and now they use lazer gun so they can hide everywhere, the motorcycle season is about 6-7 months, if lucky, and the busa is consider to be a ''high-risk vehicle'' so they charge us $1,117.00/year to put a license plate on it (healt insurance included), if you get caught at 100mph in a 60 mph zone (highway) the fine is $1,277.00 for ''excessive speeding offence'' + if it's the first time your driving permit is suspended on the spot for 7 days (second time in a périod of 10 years = 30 days suspension), + 14 demerit points for 2 years so now you have only one left before your driving permit is suspended again for 3 months. Lets vote for Autoban...

and it snows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not movin' there.

Back