Wondering if I'm ready for one?

The things you read about in that other post that made you feel nervous about the hayabusa were directed toward people who dont have anything to compare the busa to.

Most of what you read was stuff that you tell ANY new motorcyclist, - and it just so happens that a new rider faces a bigger challenge on a bike like the hayabusa.

As for you getting one...no brainer. Get the bike. You have plenty of experience and its not like the bike is a time bomb or anything.

In my opinion, the literbikes are more dangerous and likely to shock their riders more than the busa is.

Its fast if you want to go fast. Its also smooth, stable, and comfortable. Get the bar risers and a Sport Touring windscreen, and you will find it to be a perfect fit between man and machine.

Worst case, you buy it and change your mind, - sell it. No biggie.

I say you get it, because everytime you see one on the street it will burn you to no end that you don't have yours yet!

Get 'er done!
cool.gif

I say go for it man. I went from a 600cc inline to the Busa. Yes, the Busa has the ability to make your life very short but it also has a docile side. It is easy to ride in town due to its timidness under 4k and is great two up. Plus it seems you have much more experience than I did when I got my Busa, being that I am only 25. Good luck and ride safe.

You've perhaps already won the first rule for owning a Busa, and that's maturity.  This one factor alone says that if you are comfortable sitting on the bike, like the looks and styling of the bike, then outside of monthly payments, there should be nothing keeping you from obtaining it.

To be totally serious, the Busa just deserves a little respect when you are riding her, if ya don't, she'll let ya know.  She's as quiet and docile as any bike you've ever rode under 5,000 rpm, it's above that that she wakes up and screams "HOLD ON".  You can ride this bike all day long under 5,000 rpm (not sure why, but you could), and it's just like any other scooter you've thrown your leg over.

So if you can control your right wrist, (remember, she can only go as fast, or as quick as YOU let her), you'll have no problem with a Busa and the FJR will be spending alot of time alone sitting in the garage.  The one other topic that would usually be mentioned is the added weight the Busa carries, but coming from the FJR, not so much a concideration for your riding abilities.

Now go buy it and enjoy your life.
biggrin.gif
Well said.

Get it.

YOur age and maturity level tells me you could ride the Hayabusa. One word of caution though....Once you ride a Busa you will never be satisfied with another bike.

You want comfort for cruising long distance, speed on the straights to get away from the idiot cagers, people looking and screaming at you because of the machine you are straddling, fun in the twisties, a bike that is one of the best in world (my humble opinion), and just to be able to say you ride the fastest production bike on the market... well then get the Busa. "My Baby" is the best bike I have ridden or owned in the 20 some odd years I have riding (Honda 350, Yamaha 750, and Softtail).

Hi FJRider, Welcome to the board.
smile.gif
The Busa definitely has all the power you will ever need, and its very comfortable. It sounds like you did your homework and really thought it through. You have the experience since you have riden various bikes.  The busa is just like any other bike it takes discipline and Practice, Practice, and Practice.  So go ahead and quench your thrist and take the busa plunge, you won't regret it.

BigK

<!--EDIT|BigK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117539285 -->

go for it. my last bike was 1988 fzr 1000. my brother dumped it 3 years ago and totaled it. so i waited a year and got a brand new busa....The dealerships dont do test rides and i just bought it. I started it up and i was shaking:D I tried leaving the parking lot and stalled it twice with everyone watching
blush.gif
i tell u what i am still learning this machine and this is my second year on it. good luck
biggrin.gif

Maybe an angle you could take is to head to the local dealer and see if theres any used Busas in stock that they might lend you for a test ride, seeing as they arent likely to hand you the keys of a new one! Take it for as long as theyll let ya. No, the bike isnt for everyone. But this bike is NOT some uncontrollable animal that has a hair trigger personality. Its actually quite docile when ridden as a daily commuter, which is the beauty of the bike.

Its like a corvette; In capable hands, a world beater for relatively low $$, In the WRONG hands, like a 16 year old with a new license who's in WAY over his head, trouble CAN come fast. Its up to the rider to know his OWN limits because 99% of the time, he wont even come CLOSE to the limits of the BIKE!

I agree with the people that say your maturity level is on the money. It is a wonderful machine, wether you leave it stock, or mod the hell out of it. I say you should try to find on that you can test ride, and I,m sure once you ride one, you,ll buy one.
Welcome to the board, and keep us posted on your decision.

If you can remember the feeling of the Kawasaki H-2 triple, then the Busa is in your future. I also had those bikes in the late 70's. The one striking thing about the busa, is that in any gear, you have this torque that can get you up over 180 in seconds. Smooth as silk and very responsive. Get the Busa, and feel young again.
beerchug.gif

The busa does it all. No other bike looks like it or performs like it! You control your right wrist, not vise versa. You have plenty of experience, don't be scared, this bike will take care of you. Mine does! DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Back