I'm a busa owner and I'm addicted to triple digits speeds!

Chango

Registered
I guess one of the first steps would be to admit that I have the issue!! LOL!
I'm a very laid back person! I can't put into words how much I love long chilled out rides on the busa. But I realize that I can't stop myself from going 100 plus when I'm on an open road. I cruise the Highway at 4000 RPM which ends up being 80mph! The busa just does it so easily and smooth there is nothing like it.

I don't want to completely burst your bubble...but if your Busa has stock gearing 4000 rpm is around 70 mph on a GPS.

You should probably get a speedo-healer and/or a GPS...they are uber smooth though...and speeding is just too darn easy!

After riding a Busa...I just cant figure out why everyone doesn't ride them...they are how a motorcycle should be.

Chris

no bubble here but still 70 MPH not bad! I'm just amazed at how easy this bike moves and goes with me being 320 lbs! I agree now that I've rode a busa I can't go to another bike. Like the matrix the busa pill has been taken!

Wait a few miles. You will find that she can cruise all day, hour after hour at 140 and you never feel it, suspect it, or worry if she is working hard. The Bus is an AMAZINGLY deceptively good at going fast and not straining one bit doing it.

Agree with everyone. My buddy took my busa last weekend. Says he hated it because everytime he went on the highway he would look down doing 100+. Says his r1 doesn't sneak up like that. He kept thinking he was doing 80 :rofl:

having had Gen1 and 2 models i reckon the gen 1 was more sneaky in stock form....gen 2 has induction noise and a bit of a growl after 4000 revs so hints at your speed...1st gen 1 I had saw me cruising in winter past what I thought was slow traffic on a major road...turned out the traffic wasn't slow at all ... i was close to double what they were doing and it was sleet and heavy rain at the time.

Compared to all but the new ZX14 / ZZR1400 theres nothing like them for the speed experience with minimal fuss

You think you have a problem? Stand in line... I made myself a promise to always stay under 200. So far, I stay within those limits, and I am proud of myself for exercising self control. :rofl:

Yep same here I am rolling down FB road look down and next thing I know it is 100+. Like I tell most people it is impressive going from 0-60 but the real impressive response is the 60-100.

I don't have a problem because I NEVER hit triple digits.........................................................more than once a week. :whistle:

having had Gen1 and 2 models i reckon the gen 1 was more sneaky in stock form....gen 2 has induction noise and a bit of a growl after 4000 revs so hints at your speed...1st gen 1 I had saw me cruising in winter past what I thought was slow traffic on a major road...turned out the traffic wasn't slow at all ... i was close to double what they were doing and it was sleet and heavy rain at the time.

Compared to all but the new ZX14 / ZZR1400 theres nothing like them for the speed experience with minimal fuss

I was wondering if that growl was in my head, at least now I know I am not the only one.

As for the speed I noticed it would do 90 and not even tell you about it.

My brother rode it and said he got on the throttle in A-mode and almost sucked out a filling. He also wondered what the other three gears were for. But his ride is a GSX1100G.

I guess one of the first steps would be to admit that I have the issue!! LOL!
I'm a very laid back person! I can't put into words how much I love long chilled out rides on the busa. But I realize that I can't stop myself from going 100 plus when I'm on an open road. I cruise the Highway at 4000 RPM which ends up being 80mph! The busa just does it so easily and smooth there is nothing like it.

Hahaha, welcome to the undying love of owning a Busa. Regardless of speed...there is not other bike I would rather be on than my busa!

After riding a Busa...I just cant figure out why everyone doesn't ride them...they are how a motorcycle should be.

Couldn't agree with you more. All them haters can hate, but they will never know until they seriously ride a busa...that is of course they are among the crowd of zx14 lovers who endlessly hate on the busa ;-P

Back